• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alignment Specs

A ton of camber and all the caster I can get are my specs! :D

Looking for front end alignment specifications on a '68 satelite b body please. thanks.
What are you using the car for? Regular street driving, drag racing, burning corners.....? Even though I was drag racing my 66 Belvedere, I was also wanting it to handle in the turns so there was enough camber dialed into it that it was noticeable to the eye....

For modern tires and a daily driver, use -0.5 Degrees Camber, +2.5 Degrees Caster, 1/16 to 1/8 Degrees Toe-in. For Hi Po street car use -1.5 Degrees Camber, +2.5 to +3.5 Degrees Caster, 1/16 to 1/8" Toe-in.

Since everyone seems to be offended at anything and everything, I might as well hop on the PC bandwagon.....

You do realize that "specs" is a derogatory term for Puerto Rican midgets, don't you?

Firstoff the ride height needs set before alignment- 1-7/8" plus-minus an 1/8".

The FSM specs are for bias ply tires. Running radials I seen the specs moes suggested as an alternative to those in the FSM. For shops that want a modern car alignment as a target, you can try a 2005-2009 mustang.

Since everyone seems to be offended at anything and everything, I might as well hop on the PC bandwagon.....

You do realize that "specs" is a derogatory term for Puerto Rican midgets, don't you?

Maybe Kern dog needs to be called in on this one. "specs" vs "Spics" :p

BTW whatever happened to midget tossing as a sport? --Sorry for where my mind sometimes wanders.
If that doesn't lead off topic nothing can.---Sorry again--

Last edited:

I learned a long time ago not to be drinking anything while reading posts here!!

Firstoff the ride height needs set before alignment- 1-7/8" plus-minus an 1/8".
Usually my ride height is measured off of the LCA bump stops....and is usually no more than 1" if that much :D

Well ride height actually is measurement from bottom of torsion adjuster blade to ground & bottom of ball joint to ground subtracted from the first. Does the bump stop measurement come out the same? That'd sure be quicker.

Maybe Kern dog needs to be called in on this one. "specs" vs "Spics" :p

BTW whatever happened to midget tossing as a sport? --Sorry for where my mind sometimes wanders.
If that doesn't lead off topic nothing can.---Sorry again--

Well ride height actually is measurement from bottom of torsion adjuster blade to ground & bottom of ball joint to ground subtracted from the first. Does the bump stop measurement come out the same? That'd sure be quicker.
It's close enough. I know it's not by the book but there's not too many things that I do by the book :D

It's close enough. I know it's not by the book but there's not too many things that I do by the book :D
Sooo you have one of those "torque wrench elbow/arm" also huh(?)!!!lol.

Sooo you have one of those "torque wrench elbow/arm" also huh(?)!!!lol.
You know it!! LOL I have a buddy of mine that continues to break bolts to this day and he's as old as I am....and I'm talking about grade 8 stuff! And NO, he isn't allowed to work on any of my junk :D

You know it!! LOL I have a buddy of mine that continues to break bolts to this day and he's as old as I am....and I'm talking about grade 8 stuff! And NO, he isn't allowed to work on any of my junk :D

This is funny and reminds me of this.
I guy I worked with asked his boss how tight to make a bolt that was down inside a cavity (hard to get at). It was a big one (maybe inch and a half or so). His boss said to get it as tight as you can and then turn it one turn more.
This guy was husky and clever. He found what he needed to turn that bolt another 360%. It broke off.:rolleyes:
It was very costly to fix and lesson learned for both of these guys.

This is funny and reminds me of this.
I guy I worked with asked his boss how tight to make a bolt that was down inside a cavity (hard to get at). It was a big one (maybe inch and a half or so). His boss said to get it as tight as you can and then turn it one turn more.
This guy was husky and clever. He found what he needed to turn that bolt another 360%. It broke off.:rolleyes:
It was very costly to fix and lesson learned for both of these guys.
LOL, with that being said, after awhile(age,experience(?) ) you can usually know how tight you are going.

Auto Transport Service
Back