• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another door hinge question

bobs63wagon

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
On my 63 the top left door hinge works fine and the door fits well. I have the hinge spring ( if that's what it's called), but the small roller that goes on it is gone. Would be nice to keep the door open to get in and out. Can this be repaired without taking the hinge off? Or is it necessary to have it off to get that assembly back in the hinge. Can this be done by getting some type of hinge kit? You can sure tell I'm not a bodyman Thanks for your help.

Hinge needs to come off. There are places that rebuild them. But you might locate the parts and it might be possible to do it yourself. Not sure if you could do it on the car.

As stated above MoparLeo. He supplied me with rollers and new springs for my 63.
I bought some springs from another vendor and they had no spring to them.Wasted my money.
MoparLeo will do you right for parts or complete rebuild hinges.

They need to come off and the ramp that the roller rolls on must be free from rust, gunk and defects like gouges.

20200721_111807~2 1.jpg

62-65 spring & roller.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back