• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know this car

chev1171

Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
I have been trying to get info about this car and history.
The car was originally in Elgin Illinois and the engine was built by Larry Teter.
The car was a factory 426 Wedge with a 4 speed.
The odometer shows 30 K miles which I feel very accurate.
The car finally came out of Florida.
Was mostly a drag car. Trying to get info regarding engine specifically.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,Dennis

Attachments

• Fender tag 068b.jpg
    Fender tag 068b.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 694
  • Fender tag 069 - resized.jpg
    Fender tag 069 - resized.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 705
A few questions.
1. Did you just buy this car or are you looking at it to buy?

2. Did you post this car on here a few months ago?

3. Why do you hve two identical post on this car? This is not to be done.

This car was listed on this site a few months ago.

A few questions.
1. Did you just buy this car or are you looking at it to buy?

2. Did you post this car on here a few months ago?

3. Why do you hve two identical post on this car? This is not to be done.

This car was listed on this site a few months ago.

He did buy that car. And he did ask for information about the history of his car. But he did not get any help last time. I think he is still hoping for some history on the car, thats all.

Well, the proper thing to do is go to his original post and bump it or just ask something like "nobody?" and it will bring the old one back up.

I think I suggested to him to contact the Chicgoland Mopar Club as it is a BIG club and likely someone there knows of the car. I wonder if he ever did that?

Well, the proper thing to do is go to his original post and bump it or just ask something like "nobody?" and it will bring the old one back up.

I think I suggested to him to contact the Chicagoland Mopar Club as it is a BIG club and likely someone there knows of the car. I wonder if he ever did that?

you are quite right 696pack...a bump would have been fine.

either way, i know one of the guys in the Chicagoland MoPar Club, ill ask him and see if he knows anything...im kinda curious myself.

Sorry

I'm not that familiar with properly using this site .I saw this "lost and found" forum and thought since I din't get any hits last time I thought I would go this route.Don't mean to p-ss anybody off.
Thanks

First time I heard of it

I sincerely don't remember any info about Chicagoland Club.Will followup. Thanks.
PS - How do you "bump" . Info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

No worries chev1171, learning curves happen. A bump is basically just posting in a thread again. The act of a new post then puts the thread you posted in back to the top of the active threads list. That way when people search through active threads to read, yours is on top until another post occurs. This is why sometimes people will post "Bump to the top" or "BTT" when trying to get there thread some more attention.

I don't have any info on the car for you, but would ask that if you do find any, to please let us know. I'm really VERY curious to find out what happens with this. I always find these stories to be just real awesome.

On a side note, how is that car now? How's it running?

Update

I'm "trying" to get a Mopar guy I know to do work on the car.Right now I'm more focused on the mechanical parts to be able to drive this summer.
Most people who see the car feel that I should leave the exterior the way it is. Quite nostalgic to say the least.
The motor runs fairly smoothly but with no exhaust ( open headers) it's loud to say the least.I would like to pull the engine or get info from someone who knows the car to determine what specs the engine is built to. I "might" turn it into a max wedge.The engine intake has been machines anmd stamped with " L Teter # 138".
Larry teter was a NHRA champion in 1963-64 and according to newspaper articles was renowed for his engine building.
I feel that I may just restore the interior due to the fact that it's sunburnt.There is no carpets but the original door panels and the rear bench and passenger seat covers are decent. The driver's seat needs recovering.The 4 speed console is missing. The radio is also gone but someone did a great job of fabricating a radio delete plate and incorporating 3 guages into it.
The only things that I see missing is the console and 1 rear arm rest. Not bad for it's age.
The car has never been tubbed which surprises me.
The frame rails still have factory undercoat on them and you still see the blue paint. The underneath is relly clean.
Thanks for your clarification about "bump" and will post pictures and keep you updated.Thanks,Dennis

Great news

:hello2::headbang:
Believe it or not but talked to original owner who bought car new Dec. 1964 for $3200.
He was sick to hear that his car has survived all these years.
Always was curious what happened to it.
He raced it for approx 2 1/2 years before putting it away.Kept for another 19 years before selling for more urgent family needs ( children's school)
In describing the car to him( his computer crashed) the car is exactly the way it was back in 1965.
The car was extensively worked on over the first years and was dynoed near 900 HP.
Was a terror on the street and track.
When I called his wife answered the phone.When I introduced mysely her first response was " do you want to sell it?"
Had a great discussion . Will update. He is looking for original photos taken at the track. Sometimes it is a truly small world.

Cool story - congrats on finding him!

Doh!

Damn, sorry to leave you hangin' :icon_hang: ....i talked to my buddy, he didnt know the car.

that's AWESOME you found the OE owner!! hope he can find the pics...

congrats, if I was original owner that would give me the goosebumps

Auto Transport Service
Back