• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running Poly urethane front suspension bushings?

Last Exit

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
Anyone running Poly urethane front suspension bushings? Pro or cons? Any issues or recommendations?

My friend runs the best front end and alignment shop in these parts and he says not to run polyurethane stuff on the street. If it's a race car, fine, go ahead and install the poly. He used Moog parts on my rebuild and I love it. The suspension and steering on my car is tight and quiet. I'm sure that you will get other opinions, but I'm sold on the OEM type rubber stuff.

i am currently putting poly in my front end. i bought the full Energy Suspension kit, and i had some issues with installing the parts last week, a call to their teck line and got them to sent out all the stuff that i felt was defective at no charge! they have been very good on customer service so far.

i agree that my car may be noisier, but id rather have that VS the OE stuff.

the only part that was not provided was the lower control arm bushings.

when i asked Energy suspension why they dont sell them any more, they told me it was because they were difficult to install, and were getting alot of complaints.

i bought some Proforged poly lower control arm bushings from Ebay, and i struggled install them, and im a professional tech with 25 yrs experience! with all the tools, and a huge Press!

when i was done, i noticed that the polys make the lower pins stick out farther, i have not installed them in the car yet, but i have a feeling that the torsion bars are going to be a bitch to reinstall. i dont think the bar will go in enough to install the clips in the back.

i bought the OE Moog ones just in case drama ensues at a later time.

my reasoning for purchase was that my car will be sitting alot, and i dont want to put it up on jacks all the time to keep the suspension in ck.

this is the first time ive run a full Poly front end, so i may have regrets after final install.

not poly but mine is all solid heim joints, not 1 bit of rubber or poly and I have no issues on the street

Rubber bushings absorb more of the road vibes than poly because poly is much harder a material. I have found that right after new rubber bushings are installed I love the way my car responds then they seem to wear in and then the sloppyness comes back and I hate it. Poly keeps that new rebuilt "feel" much longer. the ONLY draw back to poly that I can think of is the squeeking that happens on the parts that actually rotate. So a happy medium for those who dont want to lube those UCA and LCA bushings is to use high end rubber parts like the MOOGS and use poly for all stationary bushings. PST makes graphite impregnated poly bushings that claim to be quite I have never ran them in any of my cars so I cant testify to how well they work. Its a matter of preference. Some people like the feel of rubber because it seems like a more smooth ride...like Moparsmitty said its for race cars well I drive my car like I stole it so I run poly because I like my car to respond like one...hope that helps

poly is far superior to rubber bushings--you do have to apply the lube included in the package--I own 7 Hemi & max wedge cars & theres NO noise --the handling is way better--they have a 25 year warrenty--theyre no harder to install than rubber--I install them in ALL my customers cars & have NEVER had a complaint about noise or anything else--Grease them up--

I recently replaced upper and lower bushes in mine, moog rubber offset uppers (for extra caster) and Prothane poly lowers as I've always felt rubber lowers are the weak link. Easy as pie to install when lubed as per instructions, no squeaks and the difference in ride is negligible...

Auto Transport Service
Back