• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you ready for a real weird one? Random NO spark from a MP electronic ignition system despite numerous parts swapped around...

Nope. A few times when this has happened, I have slipped in a switch from my stash of parts and it made no difference.
I hate dealing with hidden electric hiccups.
When the dang thing will fix itself ..... for awhile. That will drive a guy nuts.

Put a separate switched wire to the ballast to rule out power supply, or ecm/coil/distrib

WHY don't you just eliminate the bulkhead connections (the way MOPAR did it) using MECHANICAL BOLTED CONNECTION FEED THRU CONNECTORS. The devices provide insulated independent connections on both sides of the fire wall in lieu of the Packard mechanical method, thereby eliminating or minimizing to potential for corrosion depicted.
Similar to this:
View attachment 1634377
Adjusted to the number of wires, their gauge (ampacity) wanted or needed., thereby eliminating the "troublesome" Mopar connectors. It'll look different but to those who are retro-fitting EFI or brand X ignition system why would it matter? Mounting the feed thru terminals will require a little inspiration.....just a thought and my opinion.
BOB RENTON
Those are actually a spring clamp (no tools required) style.
If you want to use a screwdriver then you need a cage clamp style.

1711561344485.png

Is that still acting up? I thought it was fixed?
Well, I hope that it is. I found no smoking gun, just some slight corrosion/crud on the spades and sockets in the bulkhead connector. Time will tell.

My shop went through every connection in the Connector. No new components. Annual near-immersion since then. Problem has not returned. Ignition switch replaced during the hunt. To no avail.

82B2B816-C2E0-4161-B47B-1B39D81CFCBC.jpeg

Sort of resembles the useless "Green" style of bearings but require periodic re-greasing......this style bearing just takes up space but performs no useful function other than providing the owner/installer a chance to replace them .....frequently......free at twice the price.....
BOB RENTON

I have thousands of miles on a set in this car...

70 500.JPG

I drive it hard. Straight line, corners, cruising, freeway too. I know the Timkens are superior but I got these before I learned more about that. I figured I'd keep these until they fail, then go back to the stock type bearings.

Anyone making cannoli for Easter? :lol:
How about a "traditional" Easter dinner????.......Baked ham with either a pineapple cherry glaze or honey and brown sugar with clove glaze and cheesey potatoes (potato au gratin) and roasted Brussels sprouts and authentic Strawberry shortcake dessert......unless Cannoli is your traditional Easter dinner.....just a thought..
BOB RENTON

All of a sudden I got real hungry

Nothing like electronic ignition

Skincare

And Ham

Forget the brussel sprouts.
I'd eat more green vegetables if they tasted better.

Forget the brussel sprouts.
I'd eat more green vegetables if they tasted better.
Brussel Sprouts were never intended as food... They are supposed to be used as biodegradable ammo in a wrist rocket sling shot... They are not food, but they can help you hunt for food...

BTW how is your skin doing? :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back