• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

autodrags or torq thrust wheels

Rocket launcher, 15x4 with new firestone 165-80x15 street tire. 28 lbs.

20180728_103913.jpg

Torque thrust 2, 15x7 with 235-75x15 mud and snow wranglers by goodyear.(dont ask, my doctor says screaming that much is bad for my health). 41lbs.

20180728_105532.jpg

Mickey Thompson 315-65x15 drag radial pros,40lbs. Combined with 15x10 torque thrust d one piece at 21 1/2 lbs, 61 1/2 lbs, 11" tread.

20180728_105507.jpg

Hoosier quick time pro, bias, 18.50x 31x 15 on centerline pro stock 15x14, dot legal,with tube. 15" tread, 55lbs. For reference ,i weighed a steel dually wheel with a 235-85x16. 70 lbs.

20180728_105501.jpg5lb uj

Last edited:
I plan on getting weights on my street setup , which is 15x6 and 15x8 1/2 steelies with street tires, i just haven't had an excuse to get them off the car yet.

new wheels on. thrusts up front look great love the look, bart steels rear, best i could get with a 5"back space.

IMG_0477.JPG

Agree, thrust look great on your ride.
Just curious, did you weigh them versus the centerlines?

Agree, thrust look great on your ride.
Just curious, did you weigh them versus the centerlines?
not really just in my hand and they were HEAVY compared to the centerlines

how about 16x13 in torq thrusts or 15x18 in libres . both pairs real magnesium rims by american racing equip from back in the day . i need to shot pics of my bearclaws as well . there very cool looking and the end of the magnesium rims poured by american as well . i have two 16x11's and one 16x13 from the mavrick wheel stander that he crashed . still need to pair that one up .
DSC03441.JPG
G2SMbb60138b-733e-473e-8195-e43e1e4b06b7-16153.jpg

Pomonamissil, I meant to ask you about those libras months ago. Being real mag, I assume they are from late 60s/early 70s. What in the world tires were they made for? Indy,formula one? I don't remember anything wide enough to need those wheels.
P.s. I would love to have even a third of your collection!

some formula sports car class / indy type cars ran those 15x18's , its a knock off 4 pin type rim . i have a pair of 13x6 libres in magnsium as fronts runners . i think firestone or goodyear or ect.... made racing tires at the time for them to race on . i thought the setup would be a great for a roth rod . been toying with the four idea , 4 spokes 4cylind'r 4 71 4 carbs 4dr touring rod . potvin hang'n off the front
DSC03617.JPG
. wow wow , lol . i'm think'n build it . i'll just put it on the list , lol . question is to tube or not to tub , lol .

There is a guy here in social running a nice model a ( I think, may be a same vintage Chevy) with a 4/71 with a four barrel Holley sitting on a Pontiac tempest half-a-v8. Similar setup to what Mickey Thompson used.
Definitely a conversation piece.
My opinion, build ANYTHING with those libres!

yes i agree , those rims are so cool looking , and to find big's n lit'ls is just great , i started with the 13x6's and 13x8's pairs nos never mounted . but a 240z guy wanted those 13x8's for his auto crosser . so i sold them to him , making enough to buy those 15x18's . so no less , but more for the same money . i've been collecting vintage americans alloys and magnesiums many years ago , it was 1974 , some 50 plus years now since i bought my first of them , had so many i sold them at swap meets on the left coast for years , no bragging . but i've had over two thousand torq thrust rims . i got rear rubber just need some cool 13'' front rubber .

Yeah missil, people lament the choices in good rubber disappearing for 14" and 15" wheels, 13s must be virtually impossible. I would maybe try for some vintage repop sports car tires.
Just don't buy them till you need them. I've had some dramatic lessons in old tires lately.

thanks for the info , but when i find them i'll just buy them for my basement storage will keep them for an good time , and i found some tire storage prep that is used on motorhome that extents the life of the rubber .

thanks for the info , but when i find them i'll just buy them for my basement storage will keep them for an good time , and i found some tire storage prep that is used on motorhome that extents the life of the rubber .
Please do tell about the tire storage prep. I have some brand new slicks that are getting older by the minute that I don't want to have to replace. They are off the ground in my garage.

i'll drag some out , but its for motorhomes that still for the most of there lives on there tires . the best storage for tires is below the ground level , mine are all stored in a basement . but buds have dug are tire pit for their salt flat tires . these are in a basement of a house . light n the air above ground level will age them .

just a pile.JPG

I missed out on the Daisy's that were for sale locally. I should have jumped at the chance when I first saw them. I just didn't have a car that needed them as of right now.

Auto Transport Service
Back