• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

autodrags or torq thrust wheels

Super Tricks are light, more so than the Center Lines which I ran on 2 cars. Only ones I recall lighter than Tricks were the Motor Wheel Fly's in the later '70's. Tricks also have the problem of leaking air due to the bolted 2 piece construction. Old school Torque Thrust's have the '60's look going for them.

I love Cragar SS's over T.T. or Auto Drags but have run them all & would buy them all again if the price is right. I found a set of (4) 5 spoke Daisy's (or 200S, I think they were called)? Anyone like these? This is the car I think of whenever I see them.

full-1359-29403-70_hemi_charger_rtse.jpg

I love the daisies. AR repoped them a while back but they 2-pieced them with a chrome rim I didn't care for. (Vn402). Now I see vn504 which are the one piece polished rim is available again.
The car I think of when I see daisies is a long-time friends 56, and the 55 in Two Lane Blacktop.

Talking about light, I thought billet specialties sent me empty boxes when I picked these 17x4.5 wheels up off the porch.

8CEC5FBE-2A83-4400-A1E7-7A19F019D3E5.jpeg

1967coronet440, did you get a weight on the wheels alone, and then on the assembly? My fronts were around 26lbs ( firestone 165/80-15s on ten spoke rockets, chosen for looks primarily).
Btw, that is an awesome wheel/tire combo you have, on an awesome car!!

1967coronet440, did you get a weight on the wheels alone, and then on the assembly? My fronts were around 26lbs ( firestone 165/80-15s on ten spoke rockets, chosen for looks primarily).
Btw, that is an awesome wheel/tire combo you have, on an awesome car!!
No I didn’t, I can still get a weight on the assembly I’d bet it’s around 20lbs

Now I'm curious. I've got a pair of old supertricks 15/3 with OLD 600/15s on them with tubes. ( yes, that old, not repops). They are on a car in storage. When I get one off i'll post what I find. yup

Now I'm curious. I've got a pair of old supertricks 15/3 with OLD 600/15s on them with tubes. ( yes, that old, not repops). They are on a car in storage. When I get one off i'll post what I find. yup

I'll get a weight of my 15x3.5" Tricks with 5.0x24.0 Phoenix (tubeless I hope). Need to re-silicone the centers or go to the tubes. I had a set of 14x15 Tricks that were really much lighter than the Centerlines I replaced them with. Front Trick spindle mounts also much lighter than the stronger Centerlines.

Thats the size I was going with but was concerned the side wall would be too small. Seeing them I like the look. They look great. That really helped me make up my mind. Thank you.
Sits nice, I really like the 26” tires up front

15x3 1/2 supertrickswith lugs and cap, 560x15 dunlops with tubes, maybe 30 years old. 29 lbs.(cap and lugs under a half lb.)

20180728_104243.jpg

Same wheel, with old 165x15 with tube, 29 lbs. The mate to this tire blew the tread off, while properly inflated ,OFF THE GROUND, in my garage. I somehow don't trust this tire much.

20180728_105319.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back