• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best replacement data plates?

wyldbee

Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
The guy before Me, removed the tags (on 2 cars), before painting the engine Compartments.

The factory left them on with one screw, then bent the tag up.

I should’ve done this 20 years ago.
I was thinking about ECS???

The guy before Me, removed the tags (on 2 cars), before painting the engine Compartments.

The factory left them on with one screw, then bent the tag up.

I should’ve done this 20 years ago.
I was thinking about ECS???
It has been said many times over the years, but unless you have actual photos or pencil rubbings of the actual plates that belong to your cars, any manufactured plates/tags built will be pure guess work, and therefore not worth the metal they are stamped on.

Oddly enough, I did actually do a pencil rubbing of it‍♂️

Don’t ask me why, or how I lost the tag, but not the pencil rubbing?

I guess that’s good news? I’m mainly just mad at myself for loosing it in the first place.

9FCB177B-D833-4312-A2EB-501E79E4DEAF.png BC4B2F4F-1CF3-4A1B-8900-48F4CBFEF1BC.jpeg

Oddly enough, I did actually do a pencil rubbing of it‍♂️

Don’t ask me why, or how I lost the tag, but not the pencil rubbing?

I guess that’s good news? I’m mainly just mad at myself for loosing it in the first place.

View attachment 999293 View attachment 999294
Don't lose that rubbing - it along with proof of ownership are what you will need to get a reliable tag made. :thumbsup:

Lynch Rd tags were hung in the car during paint not bent then attached with two unpainted screws. Keep that in mind

Got some from AG Backeast 30 years ago. Perfect. Can’t imagine that’s changed.

I did not know that(obviously).

I have noticed, and wondered about some tags not being creased in one corner(and the other screw unpainted), so that explains that.

Thanks for the info.
It’s good to know these details

My memory is really messed up these days, but I vaguely remember a Buddy of mine saying “all” B-Bodies being built at Lynch road?

Is that correct, or do I have facts messed up again?

Auto Transport Service
Back