• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake problem

Duck

Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
I have a 68 Coronet R/T with no power brakes, PROBLEM, last year before storage it would pull slight left some of the time ,sometimes go straight or slight right. Now we adjusted brakes a little tighter, better pedal, and it pulls left hard, you have to hang onto steering wheel or it may stop straight. Also the self adjusters were removed by previous owner. Any HELP

Some people are telling me that the 11inch brakes didn't have self adjusters??

Does the pull last from the time you step on the pedal until the car stops or does it pull when you step on the pedal initially and then levels out right after?

Does the pull last from the time you step on the pedal until the car stops or does it pull when you step on the pedal initially and then levels out right after?
Both sounds crazy but most of the time left till stop

Are you sure the right side is working like it's supposed to? If your flexible brake lines are old, that's a possibility or even if they are new but made in China. If you jack up the front end, and apply the brake, does it release as soon as you take your foot off the pedal? You'll need someone to apply the brake then the other person can try and turn the wheel. Need to omit the easy stuff first. Are the hard lines original? Is so, the possibility is high there's corrosion in them and is getting into the wheel cylinders. After all, they are nearly 50 years old if they are original lines. Tell us what the car has for brakes and what's been done to it.

Are you sure the right side is working like it's supposed to? If your flexible brake lines are old, that's a possibility or even if they are new but made in China. If you jack up the front end, and apply the brake, does it release as soon as you take your foot off the pedal? You'll need someone to apply the brake then the other person can try and turn the wheel. Need to omit the easy stuff first. Are the hard lines original? Is so, the possibility is high there's corrosion in them and is getting into the wheel cylinders. After all, they are nearly 50 years old if they are original lines. Tell us what the car has for brakes and what's been done to it.

I agree completely..... sounds like maybe an issue with your passenger front brake. Cranky is right on target

I will try and find out from the guy I bought it from, he restored it in 1999 may see him tomorrow but thanks so far and probaley need more HELP

Auto Transport Service
Back