• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Breakdown of data tag and VIN 1962 Plymouth Fury

Chairman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:06 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some assistance in the data tag and VIN. The vin is 3325144083 and the Data Plate has either a "O" or a "C" (the stamp is hard to see) under the "E", a "2" is under the "L", a "O" is under the "S" and a "2" is under the "Y".... 0606 is under SO, 7017 is under the word Number, 332 is under the BDY, 123 is under the TRM and WY2 is under the PNT. One of my friends tried to get a breakdown and thought the car was a V/8 and built in Los Angeles. Also built as a Fury Base car but that was about all he could determine. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have pics but hard to read them... Here are both the door tag and the data plate...

62 plymouth data plate 30611.jpeg door tag 62 30611.jpeg 62 plymouth data plate 30611.jpeg door tag 62 30611.jpeg

It is a V/8 Fury 2 dr. hard top built at the LA plant, with a scheduled production date of June 6 1962. It had a white top and a brown body. It had a cloth and vinyl bench seat that was cordovan, a reddy brown colour. I don't have info for the LA plant , so I am unsure of the rest

Thanks to R/T Boy67 for that breakdown... I think I will take the tag off from the screws holding it and get it in better light. Clean it up just a little too. What number or letters tell a person what engine was in the car when built?

Not all plants put the various codes in the same place on the fender tag, which is why you need the plant info. to properly decode it. If the car model had the standard engine installed then there might not be an engine code on the tag. Your cars standard engine would be the 318 poly.

Auto Transport Service
Back