• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can Anyone Verify Original Factory Fan on 70 RR 440-6 4 Speed

RoadRunner1970

Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Need to verify if a 70 Roadrunner came with a fan clutch or a solid fan? This is an original six pack car with no air.....

Last edited:
depends on axle package or if it had a tow package...and what size radiator? 22" or 2"? .. if 26" had a fan clutch..if 22" direct drive fan...mine is a 22" rad in my 6 pack car..also amazingly mine did not have a factory fan shroud..[its a C body so different than yours obv.]..yours however being a b body should have a shroud w 22" rad

RR1970,
My opinion: my car is an original RS23V0A****** GTX with the hd max cooling package. 26" radiator with shroud, 7 blade steel fan and the #2806070 torque drive fan clutch (the one WITHOUT the temperature sensing element in the face) and the 7 1/2" diameter water pump/fan drive sheave. I believe most, if not all, 6 barrel (6 pack) cars had the max cooling package, especially with the A34 super track pack option cars (mine), including ALL Hemi cars had this included. THIS IS just my opinion.
Bob Renton

Auto Transport Service
Back