• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold Case upper radiator hose

funknut

Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
1968 Charger, upgrading from an aftermarket 22" radiator, I recently installed a Cold Case 26" radiator (part# MOP754).

https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/p...er-17x26-manual-aluminum-performance-radiator

It seems the upper radiator nipple is not where my previous radiator was, it's 4" inboard and the hose I have is too long in the middle section. Is this the stock hose?

82C88DFF-25AE-4357-97D2-5AA2AFD2828D_1_105_c.jpeg

Is it possible I ordered the wrong radiator for my application? Do I have the wrong hose? If it had any markings on it, they are long gone.

Everything else fits great, mounting holes, lower rad hose, etc. I don't want to use a flex hose. If a stock hose won't work, does anyone know of another OE hose option from another model of car that might?

Last edited:
From the factory, there are probably 30 different 26" radiator part numbers. Each motor, options for that motor and model years can cause a change like this. So your hose may be correct for your car and our 26" radiator may have been from another application. That means that there should be an OEM style hose that would fit.

It would be nice if we had the correct part number for you but that's one of the reasons we're on this forum. There's a lot of Mopar experts here. Somebody should come forward with a hose that matches up?

No problem, I figured as much. Love the radiator, just need a hose to match! :)

Actually, with incredible luck (never happens), I had a Graveyard Carz episode queued up and they are showing a 1969 Super Bee getting a radiator. Looks like similar location to mine, I was able to snag a capture of the part number 2863257. Looks like it could be a good fit for me.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 1.38.15 PM.png

TY Mr. Worman! ;)

try this from rock auto
ACDELCO 22051M {#88907980} Professional; Molded; 1-1/2" x 16" Info
Fitsw/Air Conditioning
orw/ Xtra Cooling

I just asked O'Reilly auto parts to get the one listed by @vance.dykes in the Gates brand. $15 It has the same diameter opening as my water neck, and is 1½" inside diameter on both ends. It looks like the one in the picture.
This is the Gates:
Screenshot_20200828-111158_Chrome.jpg

I have so much non-factory correct stuff under the hood, I can't justify paying $58 plus shipping for the Mancini hose, plus the logistics of ordering it through them.

I just asked O'Reilly auto parts to get the one listed by @vance.dykes in the Gates brand. $15 It has the same diameter opening as my water neck, and is 1½" inside diameter on both ends. It looks like the one in the picture.
This is the Gates:
View attachment 994582
I have so much non-factory correct stuff under the hood, I can't justify paying $58 plus shipping for the Mancini hose, plus the logistics of ordering it through them.

you are right mine is no show queen but i dont spare a dime on the rad /a-c / f'i / inside comfort so why buy a date code hose i can spend the money to buy a tank of gas well hafe a tank

Auto Transport Service
Back