• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compression ratio concerns

I had to replace one of the rockers.
Degreed the cam and it's up to specs.
Set the valve to piston gap with adjustable pushrods and modified lifters. On the exhaust side it's no worries at all, and on the intake the gap is .107".
Coated the head gaskets with loctite 3090(?) gasket glue. the .020 shim gaskets are supposed to measure .018 compressed.
All parameters put together it sould give me 10.54:1 comp (if I remember correctly).
Headers sandblasted and painted.
I painted the timing cover and back of water pump before assembly, and primed the valve covers. So here's what looks lite Frankensteins monster... But just wait.. :)

DSCF4363.JPG DSCF4359.JPG DSCF4354.JPG DSCF4350.JPG DSCF4324.JPG DSCF4319.JPG DSCF4318.JPG DSCF4315.JPG DSCF4314.JPG

I had to pet som dents the oil pan with the hammer prior to installation. But it came together fine. Maybe I will upgrade it to a bigger one later...? I'm just a little worried bout the ground clearance..
Made a paint corner in my garage. I think it turned out fine. I just felt like giving the valve covers another layer the next day to make them more glossy, less orange-peely...
Then I just had to mock up all the other parts just to see how i all fits. Happy to see that the gas hose on the holley hardlines fits perfect along the distributor cap. Cut the MSD cables and mounted the coil just in front of the carb with no interference :)

I'm happy with the look of it, and really exited to start it up!

DSCF4427.JPG DSCF4424.JPG DSCF4422.JPG DSCF4420.JPG DSCF4418.JPG DSCF4414.JPG DSCF4405.JPG DSCF4402.JPG DSCF4400.JPG DSCF4398.JPG

How did the startup go?

Did you replace the rocker that looked like it was grounded on a bit?

Hey. The startup went fine! Is runs like a kitten and sounds awesome through a couple of small hollow mufflers.
And yes, I replaced the bad rocker.
I maybe could post a video so you can hear it.

please do nice job
Set the valve to piston gap with adjustable pushrods and modified lifters.
what's these mean
valve to piston gap (thinking valve tip to rocker gap)
modified lifters (not a clue)
cheers

Valve to piston gap would be valve to piston clearance, and is not adjustable unless you change cam or piston. You can also cut notches in the piston top. Valve tip to rocker clearance is set by adjusting the rocker arm adjuster screw.

Auto Transport Service
Back