• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derwud's 70 Charger R/T build.

Got the flywheel on and checked run-out. Need off-set dowels.. Also test fit the starter..

IMG_20170507_122250.jpg IMG_20170507_121859.jpg 20170507_122508.jpg

Nice work, engines
Looks sweet!

Well I got the Engine in, but the Oil Pan is hitting the Cross Member..

Engine is in.jpg

Going to mark the pan where it is close to the cross member, pull the engine and clearance the pan, while it's out, I am going to use the empty block to put the trans in to check clearance and measure the driveshaft.

Dash is back in, and now it is time to start wrestling with the Spaghetti

Dash.jpg

Are you putting stock harnesses in? I have a stand made for my dash. Going to assemble everything on the dash then install it. I hate laying on my back being unable to see what I'm doing. I should be able to do 95% of it that way.

Going with the American Autowire Muscle Classic Update. It is not fully plug and play so I didn't want to lay it in yet. Left the dash open to make it easier to work around.

I should post pictures of the Maserati Dash I had to replace. What a PIA...

So I started the wiring, wired up and tested the rear lights.

Charger Tail lights.jpg Charger Brake lights.jpg Charger Tail light with NY stkr.jpg

Not Fun... I have done a lot of wiring work and dash work.. Worst set-up I have ever seen!

You should stick to Mopar........

Going to mark the pan where it is close to the cross member, pull the engine and clearance the pan, while it's out, I am going to use the empty block to put the trans in to check clearance and measure the driveshaft.
I decided to wait on my driveshaft to measure till the very last. The more weight in the car will affect driveshaft length. You might measure and have .5" now but with interior, spare, gas tank full, ect. the car may settle down and use up some of that and not leave you enough for pot hole/speed bump compression. Then again I might be OCD......

I decided to wait on my driveshaft to measure till the very last. The more weight in the car will affect driveshaft length. You might measure and have .5" now but with interior, spare, gas tank full, ect. the car may settle down and use up some of that and not leave you enough for pot hole/speed bump compression. Then again I might be OCD......
Good point. I will check with Drive shaft company before ordering.. I my just put the jackstands under frame and let the suspension hang at full droop..

I was more concerned with compression and bottoming out the driveshaft on the tranny.

I was more concerned with compression and bottoming out the driveshaft on the tranny.
Yeah, from one extreme to the other. I am sure I will be alright if I message at one extreme or the other

Auto Transport Service
Back