• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derwud's 70 Charger R/T build.

I tuned it and it only looked worse... Kidding, I will see what the Machine shop says. But it is really hammered.

Well after lying dormant for a few months. I have started work again. I picked a Engine builder and he is going to start putting a 540 CI RB shortblock together and I ordered a 5 spd kit and stopping by Hotchkis today to order a Suspension package. Let the fun and depleting bank account start now.

Looking forward to more! I love these projects where the car has been sitting for a while and guys are getting them road worthy again. Not to mention that a late 60s/70 Charger is my dream car.

Hotchkis Suspension kit and QA1 K-Frame and Lower Arms Ordered along with Moog Lower Ball Joints, Pitman and Idler Arms. Only the center link will be a carry over.

Have to stop by the Engine Builder to talk about Cam selection.

Derwud, how the hell are You M8? Nice project You have here. What caught my eye is the E Type roadster loosely under cover........es Yours?!.......one of the only cars where i prefer the visual of roadster vs coupe fazt back, but E's are some o f the prettiest of cars either way, timeless design, like a Mangusta.
Have You seen my chop top Bug project in general pages? I dont know how to put up link, but tread title.... My Late Brother Will's Chopped Oval Bug: by Bladecutter. Its fairly trik car, hand fabbed ffont sub w coilover/rack, drilled discs x 4, porch 911 S 5 spd axle, and something a little extra in the butt.
See You in a couple months @ Van Nuys im guessing.
Powers let me back in here a couple weeks ago. Id sure like to see more of the E Type........have fun w the R/T.........in gran turis 5, i chose a 70 R/T and did all ths tweaks & weight shaving, would have chosen SB if available, but 440 giving 750 hp, topped @ 208......always ran w GTP coupez(250 mph cars) @ Nurburgring, Make distance on pack running entirety in second plc, leading R 8 just gone, but the back straight, a wolf pack would catch up and work at nudginging me into spins tapping my quarters..........learn how to lead the understeer and the old detroit iron held its own pretty well against purpose built race cars.............HiHo M8........bc

Very, very Nice nice! I love laced wheels, i would have gone wire in a heartbeat had it been affordable, 5 on 130mm lug pat made jissue complex, other wise i would have done the Coker vintage hot rod wires....the presumed eventually 68 coro 4 dr absolutely gets Coker wires........they go up to 10" width.
E Type vety Pretty, i like the grey/grey hydes

Parts are coming in daily... This getting exciting...

Man, I thought mine had been sitting for a long time! Just since 98 and am thinking about doing the same thing. Just put it together and don't worry about paint. The body is already pretty straight and I'm sick of not driving it....

Tanks Inc F.I. tank showed up today.... VERY NICE...

Auto Transport Service
Back