• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door panel

Edward Zeliesko

Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
how to take off door panel on my 66 belvedere, i see a allen wench on window handle how about the door handle?? thanks

how to take off door panel on my 66 belvedere, i see a allen wench on window handle how about the door handle?? thanks
Open the handle and note the screw! The panel is held on with spring clips. Use a putty knife to gently pry the panel away from the door itself. If you feel around with the putty knife you can tell where the clips are located/spaced apart. Try to pry right next to the clips so the door card is not damaged. The armrest is held on with 2 screws, #3 phillips.
Mike

Open the handle and note the screw! The panel is held on with spring clips. Use a putty knife to gently pry the panel away from the door itself. If you feel around with the putty knife you can tell where the clips are located/spaced apart. Try to pry right next to the clips so the door card is not damaged. The armrest is held on with 2 screws, #3 phillips.
Mike

Go to Harbor Freight, get some of these to pop the door panel off. They are plastic, so they won't scratch the door paint.

71JTLr0UuqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Mike
A little more detail:
- With interior handle pulled, slip a screwdriver in behind the actuating arm it's attached to. This holds the handle so the bolt is easier to get to.
- Remove the window crank.
- Remove the arm rest (2 Phillips screws at a 45deg angle on the underside.
- Now you are ready to remove the door panel. Using the nylon/ plastic pry bars saves paint and reduces the likelihood of the clips pulling through (out of) the panel card.

thanks dako, got it apart, the plastic push clip is broken, the piece that holds the the window to the lever ? where can i get it ??? many thanks for your help, will post a picture soon, ed

put the window together today, looks like that plastic revit is going to pull through again, any one try that plastic bolt with a nut ???

Auto Transport Service
Back