• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug's Headers Mated To TTI Exhaust Question

MoparViking70

Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I recently purchased some ceramic coated Doug's headers for my '70 Road Runner and am planning on mating them to the TTI X-pipe exhaust system - likely with the Dynomax Superturbo mufflers they supply.
As I plan on using my friend's shop to do the engine swap and set up the exhaust system as best I can, I want to get out of his way as soon as possible. I'm trying to show up as ready as I can in a month or so when the engine arrives.
Any advise out there for what I might need in terms of adapters to mate the exhaust system to the headers? Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

What dougs part number? Some have 3.5 collector (2 inch primary) some have 3 inch.

To stay out of his way as much as possible, I suggest you run the car up there with open headers. Putting the headers on is BY FAR the most time consuming step. After headers are installed & the tailpipes/mufflers are on there, the rest of the job is just bending/welding up a couple short pieces of pipe to mate the headers to the x-pipe & exhaust.

IF you need his lift to put on the headers, maybe you can pre-install the mufflers & tailpipes and coat-hanger the front of the exhaust off the ground.

Dougs headers are shorter than TTI's. What I mean is the collector flange is not as far back as the TTI because of the design. Also the 452 flange is parallel to the frame rail where a TTI header collector tends to turn into the center of the body a bit. A TTI X pipe can be made to fit a Doug's 452 as I have done it on my own car. I would suggest getting headers fitted and not worrying about the exhaust until you see what your dealing with. The 452 is a very nice header.

I just bought 452s and and am going to a TTI system.
It would be interesting to see where the Doug's come out in relation to the TTIs

I just bought 452s and and am going to a TTI system.
It would be interesting to see where the Doug's come out in relation to the TTIs
I'm sure I just have to get into it but I'll take some pics when I do in case it helps anyone.

Dougs headers are shorter than TTI's. What I mean is the collector flange is not as far back as the TTI because of the design. Also the 452 flange is parallel to the frame rail where a TTI header collector tends to turn into the center of the body a bit. A TTI X pipe can be made to fit a Doug's 452 as I have done it on my own car. I would suggest getting headers fitted and not worrying about the exhaust until you see what your dealing with. The 452 is a very nice header.
Thanks very much for the advise. This gives me an idea of what to expect.

When I talked to a TTI dealer, they asked what kinda headers. I think there may be a universal bend kit on the header side. C body is a lil diff than B though.

Auto Transport Service
Back