• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Point Distributor Caps

67 GTX

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently found out that the mopar dual point distributor has a different cap then the typical single point or electronic ignition distributors.
Does anyone know of a good place to get these caps? Besides eBay. Are they remanufactured?

Thanks!

No correct reproductions.....Original will $$$ especially NOS....

AMS obsolete has some NOS ones available....

joesixpak over on moparts sells some NOS stuff. he has an add now so maybe you can contact him. the dual point was a prestolite distributor and the rotor is different too.

I bought one at NAPA not correct but you what to run a dual point or Pertronix in a cast iron distributor.

The carbon button in the cap is spring loaded in the dual point, where as the rotor has the spring on a single.
Mike

Rock auto has stock AL140 Standard motor products
go to listing and use Autolite dist not Chrysler one
or have any auto parts store cross the number

I have a couple if needed also, which color?

Thanks guys. Ya, it seems like a hard thing to find.

I'm looking for the original ones? Or at least the correct color (tan).

I definitely have black let me check on tan, interested in a good oem tan one if I have it? Yes they are getting really hard to find now without breaking the bank. I sold one that was NOS with the forward look logo on it on ebay for over 100 when the bidding ended, crazy!

I definitely have black let me check on tan, interested in a good oem tan one if I have it? Yes they are getting really hard to find now without breaking the bank. I sold one that was NOS with the forward look logo on it on ebay for over 100 when the bidding ended, crazy!
The real NOS runs around 300....it is crazy someone cannot reproduce these

THE TAN ARE OUT OTF HERE ALSO. I know I have some black nos ones and rotors need to take pics, found the mopar, prestolight, and autolight ones are the best made in the way of materials. Accell made a good one but good luck finding them. Points are getting high also around 40-50 for a good set (18+ inlbs)

THE TAN ARE OUT OTF HERE ALSO. I know I have some black nos ones and rotors need to take pics, found the mopar, prestolight, and autolight ones are the best made in the way of materials. Accell made a good one but good luck finding them. Points are getting high also around 40-50 for a good set (18+ inlbs)
Yeap...typical mopar....we need it but no one reproduces the correct stuff....

Service items should be readily available that are correct...and at a good price

I just rebuilt a prestolight dual point for a member and it was cheap on the rebuild 180, he supplied the core IBS 4014b believe just the core can go over 500 and you have no idea if it is good or not till it is on the machine. Freaking prestolight vac advances are getting up there also on the B/RB distributors also. Still not as bad as the ones that electrically retard the advance on shut down NOS 250 and up, same thing do not know if they are good or not until tested.

Any time I see the nos stuff for sale at a decent price I try to buy it, not to many deals on them any more.

I just rebuilt a prestolight dual point for a member and it was cheap on the rebuild 180, he supplied the core IBS 4014b believe just the core can go over 500 and you have no idea if it is good or not till it is on the machine. Freaking prestolight vac advances are getting up there also on the B/RB distributors also. Still not as bad as the ones that electrically retard the advance on shut down NOS 250 and up, same thing do not know if they are good or not until tested.
You nailed it...one can pay big $$ for something that ends up being a parts donater

Auto Transport Service
Back