• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dying for one of my own

chambo_usmc

Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
I've want a 71-72 road runner since I was a kid, and finally got a little money saved up. But how much am I gonna need? I don't want anything in perfect condition, just without a giant rust hole in the 1/4s. I just don't have 20k to spend, is it impossible to find a roadrunner in decent condition and driveable for less than 15k that's not gonna cost me 10k more to somewhat restore? Anybody know of anyone that has one?

If you're willing to look hard enough you can find them. Here are some ideas of places to look.
Craigslist
Ebay
Old Car trader
Racing Junk
and local trading papers like the trading post and thrifty nickel.

OTR gave some great advice .. set up a CL alert for road runner and roadrunner, Mopar, etc in CL cars for sale

You can also go with a Satelite are clone a Satelite to make it look like a roadrunner.There is nothing wrong with a clone as long as you dont try to pass it off as the real deal.I personally have a 1969 Satelite that does have a big block,bucket seats,console,etc.and the only difference is it dont say Roadrunner on the side but it does go beep-beep.Just a thought for a cheaper way to go!

while it came with limited options which he lays out in the ebay auction, IT NOW HAZ ALL THE OPTIONS! Very nice looking car.

Welcome, If you keep looking you can get a good looking/running car for $15k or less. I'm not into mine for quite that.

You guys are awesome, I really appreciate the help. I think something like Leduc posted would be more up my alley for the price, but I've got a bit more stashed in case the right one comes along. I'm gonna give list alert a shot, and hopefully I won't have to drive 1000 miles to get it. Thanks again guys!

You can find one, just work at it. Took me 2 years (and I looked EVERYDAY) but I finally found my 69 Belvedere RR clone for under $10k, no rust, runs like a bull and surprisingly complete. Keep at it.

It took me about two years too. Just takes some patience and persistence. The good news for you is prices are coming down instead of rocketing up. :)

I've want a 71-72 road runner since I was a kid, and finally got a little money saved up. But how much am I gonna need? I don't want anything in perfect condition, just without a giant rust hole in the 1/4s. I just don't have 20k to spend, is it impossible to find a roadrunner in decent condition and driveable for less than 15k that's not gonna cost me 10k more to somewhat restore? Anybody know of anyone that has one?
Who knows. Somewhere, sometime you may find a good deal for the money you want to spend. How much you want to spend, how far you want to travel, how much work you want to put in it, what kind of work you want to put in it?.................

Lots on the interwebs, only you can decide what's good for you.

Good luck.

DSC05237.jpg

I have a 71 roadrunner (this is a real roadrunner) for sale, it is a factory big block 4 speed car. It came with a 383 cid, 4bbl roadrunner engine, A833 4 speed, 8 3/4" 3.23 sure grip differential, power 3" drum brakes, power steering it was EV2 (hemi orange). It now has a built wicked 440 cid 4 bbl, fresh rebuilt A833 (new clutch, TO bearing), blow proof bell housing, 4 point roll bar, connected frames, new aluminum cross flow radiator, 8 3/4 w/4.56 sure grip differential, TX9 (Black) paint. The car needs the drivers side floor pan relplaced (I have one for this roadrunner), the instrument cluster was disconnected when I bought the car, I suspect that this car has spent all of it's life on the 1/4 mile, while I haven't found a lot of rust this car deserves restoration. It is wicked fast. I'm offering it at $13,000.00 USD. New owner responsible for pick-up/delivery.

oilstrike's sounds closest to what you're looking for thus far. I bought my clone a while back for under your budget...and did a few cosmetic personalized touches (go wing, cop wheels, emblems, etc.) and unfortunately ran into a few mechanicals..had to rebuild motor using a 400 block (spun main bearing) and just rebuilt the rear diff...just remember that it's always something w/ these cars...so have some cushion for whatever you buy.

Auto Transport Service
Back