• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fast ez-efi 2.0

Ryan.C

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 self tune with the FAST electronically controlled distributor? I am seriously considering buying this set-up for my 440 W/T56 build and would appreciate any feedback from folks that have used the system.

Thanks Much

-Ryan

Have you checked out Fitech they have the self learning product and you can even upgrade it to where you hook it up to a cd box and it will control your time and be able to do a nitrous retard setting etc. and you can't beat it for the price. There's guys on here who have them.

Ask Richard Nedbal a member here and expert on this product.
TREEEED!!! Richard most likely wrote the program.You can't find a better guy to advise you and help you with the purchase of any FAST product.

Find him at FastmanEFI and let him know your a member her.

TREEEED!!! Richard most likely wrote the program.You can't find a better guy to advise you and help you with the purchase of any FAST product.

Find him at FastmanEFI and let him know your a member her.

I agree. I wish I would have bought my system from him.I talked to him about my set up and problems and he was very willing to help. He sell
other systems as well. I would call him

Note that the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 and XFI systems are different. I have the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 system on my 1970 Road Runner with a stock 383 and 4 speed. I also have the FAST distributor.

After I restored the car and got everything working, I drove it 5,800 miles across country with the FAST system.

To HIGHLY summarize my experience, I had a lot of trouble getting my system to run OK. The problem turned out to be a bad ECU, but the FAST tech support was very poor, constantly blaming the issue on me until I forced them to admit that I had an early unit that had issues. They then sent me (and charged me for it) a remanufactured ECU that instantly worked. They even screwed up and didn't properly return my funds when I send the faulty one back.

Once I got it running, it was trouble free for 5,800 miles, working well at sea level and 14,000 feet at the top of pikes peak.

So bottom line, tech support sucks, system has been good once I got it running.

Want the details?
My Restoration thread: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?65096-Hawk-Rod-The-Restoration

A thread when I was REALLY PISSED at FAST: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?96089-I-ve-Had-It-With-FAST-EZ-EFI

My trip across country: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...7639-Hawk-s-Cross-Country-70-Road-Runner-Trip

Good luck whatever you decide

That sucks that you had defective stuff. If you had bought the system from FASTMAN,it would have had much less stress and a much better "tech line"

Note that the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 and XFI systems are different. I have the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 system on my 1970 Road Runner with a stock 383 and 4 speed. I also have the FAST distributor.

After I restored the car and got everything working, I drove it 5,800 miles across country with the FAST system.

To HIGHLY summarize my experience, I had a lot of trouble getting my system to run OK. The problem turned out to be a bad ECU, but the FAST tech support was very poor, constantly blaming the issue on me until I forced them to admit that I had an early unit that had issues. They then sent me (and charged me for it) a remanufactured ECU that instantly worked. They even screwed up and didn't properly return my funds when I send the faulty one back.

Once I got it running, it was trouble free for 5,800 miles, working well at sea level and 14,000 feet at the top of pikes peak.

So bottom line, tech support sucks, system has been good once I got it running.

Want the details?
My Restoration thread: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?65096-Hawk-Rod-The-Restoration

A thread when I was REALLY PISSED at FAST: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?96089-I-ve-Had-It-With-FAST-EZ-EFI

My trip across country: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...7639-Hawk-s-Cross-Country-70-Road-Runner-Trip

Good luck whatever you decide

Thank you very much for the reply and I will look into your thread.

The more I read about EFI systems the more I think that a megasquirt type system with coil packs is what I am really looking for.

I have a fast 2.0. 440, 440source heads, edelbrock RPM intake, hooker headers. 727 torqueflite, 3.23 suregrip out back. It was on a friend's car, and he sold me everything to put a 6.4 hemi in his '66 Charger. I've not had a problem with it except for ONE thing. There's a way to do the timing offset electronically that just doesn't make sense to me. On the screen where it sets the computer "zero" point at 20 degrees, I just manually turned the distributor instead of using the "+" and "-" buttons on the display. I had so much advance trying to do it electronically, my headers were cherry red. Once i got it sorted, the car runs awesome. If you want more detailed tuning, I'm betting megasquirt is a better way to go, but if you're building a street cruiser, there's nothing wrong with the FAST system.

sjd

Thanks for the links!

The efi build on the dodgecharger.com site by redmist is exactly what I want to do. Whats really cool is the guy is local to me out here in Idaho. I'm gonna head over to his house this weekend and check out the EFI set-up.

Thanks for the links!

The efi build on the dodgecharger.com site by redmist is exactly what I want to do. Whats really cool is the guy is local to me out here in Idaho. I'm gonna head over to his house this weekend and check out the EFI set-up.

Cool! Keep us posted.
I want to do the LS set up like on Moparts.

The setup I suggest is the holley setup. It is self learning. It is easy enough to setup. It is flexible for custom tuning down the road. I am an EFI tuner myself, and I have the dominator setup on my car. Rich sells holley now too.

Holley Terminator!

I agree they don't compare the fast ez1 is a POS the fitech works great easy to install
I just bought my Fitech after talking to the guys at the good guys show and seeing the guys running them on the auto cross...you can't beat the price and it's truly put on and go...

I just bought my Fitech after talking to the guys at the good guys show and seeing the guys running them on the auto cross...you can't beat the price and it's truly put on and go...
Have you installed the fitech yet? I have been thinking about it for mine...you really can't beat the price!

Auto Transport Service
Back