• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

finally getting around to my 68rr after 10 yrs of hibernation!

wow great work! I'm hoping i just have to do the skin but we will see when i open it up

firewall progress

IMG_0313.JPG

I've actually done a little work on mine but it's been very little.....better than none I guess.

I have a lot of work ahead of me. Installed a 75,000 BTU heater in the garage, so I can pc together this puzzle over the next couple months.

IMG_0285.JPG

Firewall is in! Just a bit more feathering it in, and it will be ready for the new floor. (Piecing together the puzzle.)

IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0340.JPG

Wow, I really have to say I am impressed. Matt, you have a lot of guts and talent, it looks like it is going to be an awesome car!

While replacing the damaged outer wheel well, I found someones house!

IMG_0355.JPG

A bit more trimming and it will be ready to be welded up! AMD panels are pretty spot on. (even tho they are made in Taiwan...)

IMG_0353.JPG IMG_0358.JPG IMG_0359.JPG IMG_0361.JPG

Thank you Bart K. Really appreciate it. Im learning as I'm going. Taking it one piece at a time.

Looking really good. Put some insulation in those walls. It'll be worth it.

Looks good! That is exactly how I did my outers. A bunch of waste but a much simpler fix.

Good work. It's not the stuff most people like to do. Stick with it!

Threewood it was easier to do this and keep the lines. Otherwise you are dealing will more spot-welds and a chance to have things loose shape.

So another warmer day today for IL. (35deg) Heated up the garage and put in a couple hrs on the rear wheel well. 95% done, then ran out of gas on the welder... Good time to stop anyhow.

IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0364.JPG IMG_0369.JPG IMG_0371.JPG

While on my 4-spd search around the midwest, I was able to locate a hump (no I did not spend 375.00 on it either lol.) During breaks at work I cleaned it up, blasted it, and then epoxy sealed it. Ready to be installed in the floor. Fits like a glove!

IMG_0428.JPG IMG_0429.JPG IMG_0434.JPG IMG_0435.JPG IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0456.JPG IMG_0458.JPG

Here are some A-833 parts that I acquired along the way. Will be building this on the side while doing the body. Thanks again to the guys that helped! You all know how you are.

Still on the hunt for shifter assembly/ linkage/ z bar/ clutch linkage/ etc. Anyone holding?

IMG_0459.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back