• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally out.

slimt

Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
After being recouping from surgery last May , I able to get a bit of work done on my 66 . Took it out for a spin. And it runs great. Nothing fancy. Just great.
F0052232-69CE-4EA1-86F0-B67C2C7C1B3A.png
EA7FB9CA-72A3-4E4B-BF4D-23F9EFAC7AE3.jpeg
F66AE983-0A02-4C9D-B550-00C86210291F.png

how ever. I have a question. Exhaust..
do you all prefer a down spout on the tailpipe. To keep fumes from rolling inside? My car is pretty tight in the front cabin area. So no detected fumes from the front. Whats your thoughts?
Thank you

I think the factory down turns actually look better than straight out on a lot of mopars but the exhaust coming into the cabin is most often the trunk weather striping not sealing well and /or missing body plugs. Nice looking car btw. Don't know what happened to ya but glad your feeling better.

Nice looking Charger, Glad you got the surgery over.
I like the straight out pipes but everyone is different.

Thank you. Ill send it to the exhaust shop get new tailpipes that are turned down. The original owner had a shop install straight tips. I think they are reflecting the fumes off the inside of the rear bumper back into the car. All rubbers plugs are accounted for the trunk seal is not as soft as it should be its been a few years that its been out.

It had alot of oil loss on deceleration and was running not very well. Compression was weak. Beings the engine sounded healthy I had my son remove the top end. Send the heads out and new guides installed Also found out the exhaust valves were no longer avail. So a larger set of exhaust valves and seats installed. Well it improved the compression a fair amount, no smoke on decel. Rebuilt the carb. Ran the car for a good 200 miles yesterday. The only issue was the exhaust fumes rolling back into the car. Btw first time back on the high ways in 5 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back