• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fireworks are illegal here.....

Tonight is the perfect time to fire up a classic air raid siren!

ChryslerAirRaidSiren-WPCMuseum-03-20-2011.JPG

Drinking. I have some home brew Oatmeal Stout and Orange Shandy to try and a few spirits to enjoy. Brisket, crab legs, scallops and hors devours.
Damn now I'm hungry... & thirsty

Damn now I'm hungry... & thirsty
The brisket is resting for a hour or two. I should have some burnt ends ready in a half hour. They should look like this. On the smoker right now.

birthday-1-683x1024.jpg New Years 2020.jpg

Drinking. I have some home brew Oatmeal Stout and Orange Shandy to try and a few spirits to enjoy. Brisket, crab legs, scallops and hors devours.

View attachment 1048275
Drinking some but keeping it evened out and eating somewhat today but nothing like that!!

Tonight is the perfect time to fire up a classic air raid siren!

View attachment 1048273
Man, have a CD of one of those going off but the last time I tried to play it, it was messed up.....

Fireworks and firecrackers used to be illegal in all of NJ, but about 5 years ago, they must have changed the law. Now our supermarkets sell them. Who knew?! Just my wife and I this year (thanks Kung flu!!!), so bah humbug. I’ll probably be in bed asleep and my wife will probably be working at home until 1 or 2 AM.

What's that, 2020? You say you ain't leaving?
oh hell no.gif

I'm gonna shoot 2020 in the *** on the way out - just so it STAYS GONE!!!!
This is one time I WANT hindsight to be 2020!!

This is the first year in a long time we haven’t bought any fireworks. But I probably have 3 boxes of stuff upstairs in storage. But it’s raining so hard right now, you can’t see 5 foot off the porch. Plus we only do quiet ones these days, to keep from scaring the cows. 3 years ago some got spooked and run the fence down. We went from having fun, to chasing cows until 3 in the morning. We learned our lesson.

What's that, 2020? You say you ain't leaving?
View attachment 1048298
I'm gonna shoot 2020 in the *** on the way out - just so it STAYS GONE!!!!
This is one time I WANT hindsight to be 2020!!
Good one!! I'm planning on staying up for awhile to make sure no one from the new neighborhood behind me does something stoooopid like shoot a bunch of fireworks my way. At least the wind is from the east now instead of from the south where the new neighborhood is located. I'd feel better if the wind was from the north though...

Good one!! I'm planning on staying up for awhile to make sure no one from the new neighborhood behind me does something stoooopid like shoot a bunch of fireworks my way. At least the wind is from the east now instead of from the south where the new neighborhood is located. I'd feel better if the wind was from the north though...
Looks like some folks down yonder are in damn near white-out conditions.
What a whacky storm this one is! Snowing like hell in Texas (parts), raining like hell just to the east.

Go out to shop, grab a few empty anti freeze jugs.... Fire up Oxy/Acetylene torch, adjust for a nice flame, tap the tip on concrete to kill the flame while leaving the gas adjustment alone & the gas still flowing... put torch tip in antifreeze jug, count to ten... cap jug & move to next one....

Oh, wait, we can't do these things anymore...

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 6.35.25 PM.png

I had the 3 grandkids tonight. Pulled them around behind the Ranger in a snow tube. Shot off some fireworks

Daggone it, I should have video'ed that...
folks in some parts of the country can't do what just happened out in this holler, after all.
It was the typical GLORIOUS display, what with all the fireworks and the firing off of just
about every caliber weapon known to man echoing up and down the valley.

I chose to rid myself of copious amounts of WalMart issue bird shot out of the trusty Mossberg -
it being the easiest to re-acquire and all - not to mention, shotty's are LOUD and flashy.
1f642.png

I shot like I was hitting 2020 square in the *** with every round.
GIT, you worthless POS year. GIT!! :mad:

Y'all be safe out there and Happy 2021! :luvplace:

The end of this year deserves long ***, loud *** burn outs! :thumbsup:
I like to believe that I made several significant contributions along these 'lines' today.:D :usflag:

Swear to god, anyone around here that got a stimulus check,, spent it on fireworks

Auto Transport Service
Back