• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fittings in Borgeson steering box and in 6.1 Hemi P/S pump?

MikkoV

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
I´ve been strugling to find this info, what type of fittings are in Borgeson 800126 steering gear, and in 2007 6.1 Hemi PS pump, Jeep model to be exact.

Borgeson sells 6an fittings. Bouchillon sells the pump fitting to go 6AN.

Borgeson sells 6an fittings. Bouchillon sells the pump fitting to go 6AN.

That´s what i´ve found too, but not info what threads are in box and pump, i´m from Finland and starting to have bit tight shedule to get my project running, i would prefer to get these here locally, international shipping can mess things up...

What this box core is originally, and what car uses it OEM?

Last edited:
16 x 1.5 metric. Summit has them. They go to 3/8 flare which you can make work for the return turn line. But the OEM hose is a smaller flare fitting a #5 or 5/16. Working on getting that figured out. The summit fitting is made by trail gear.

Update got the 6 female to 5 male flare fitting, good to go. For reference it's 37 degree flare.

Last edited:
I was in the same boat when I put a borgeson box in my car, pretty limited resources in my area to make something work and didn't have time to wait for shipping.I went down to a shop that makes hydraulic lines/fittings and had one made.pretty reasonably priced.atleast here in the states

Finnished the fittings. Here's what it looks like.
Correction the hose closest to firewall is the return line, I got these backwards!

IMG_20170421_171600809.jpg

Last edited:
Are those hose clamps I see on the pressure side? If so, do you really think that those are gonna hold 1-1500psi?

That should be the return side.

That's the pressure side. It's hooked up wrong.

Same way mine is hooked up. I don't think the threads are the same on both fittings

100_7355.JPG

I'll call Borgsen to make sure it's right. I referenced another build and it was the same as yours, pressure on drivers side, return on pass.

After looking at the pictures, Your Borgeson looks different than mine. It appears the inlet and outlet are configured different Here is what mine looked like before I installed the hoses.

100_6812.JPG

Last edited:
Correct. I referenced a build with the same model as mine, but I'll double check for pieces of mind. I mounted the box, then it was months later when I installed the fittings and couldn't find my paper work so I referenced a couple build like mine for installing.

Your box looks different than mine also, and that's what I'm referencing. My instructions say fitting closest to the k frame is the pressure side and my fittings are the same threads.

Here's the instructions that came with my box.

IMG_1439.JPG IMG_1440.JPG

I bought my steering gear back in 2014. Looks like they made some changes since then. You couldn't interchange the fittings on mine. The high pressure fitting is smaller than the return. I kept the plugs and the high pressure fitting is 1/2" and the return fitting is 9/16"

Got the official word, hose closest to firewall is return line. I will get them corrected tonight.
Thanks 5.7 for saving me a mess!!!

Glad to help!!! I sure wouldn't want that box taking a **** on ya.

Auto Transport Service
Back