• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Suspension Inspection Marks

67 GTX

Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know what inspection marks were placed by the factory on 1967 cars?

I know the paint marks on the torsion bars indicate the spring rate? What would a 440 with heavy duty suspension have?

Was there a paint marking on the adjustment arm in the lower control arm?

Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks!

There is no single reference..

The marks on the torsion bars is for R or L only.

All I can suggest is clean your parts well and see what you can find. Not every car is the same and pulling marks off one oe restoration may not be correct for another. The best resources is first your parts and looking at the build thread in the members restoration sections and correctly restored cars.

I just don't have the time to explain where, what, colors ect....to accomplish that....

Go to MMC Detroit and look through Dave's site a lot of good info and pics.

There is no single reference..

The marks on the torsion bars is for R or L only.

All I can suggest is clean your parts well and see what you can find. Not every car is the same and pulling marks off one oe restoration may not be correct for another. The best resources is first your parts and looking at the build thread in the members restoration sections and correctly restored cars.

I just don't have the time to explain where, what, colors ect....to accomplish that....

Thank you. I was referring more to the color stripes that were applied to the bars.

Go to MMC Detroit and look through Dave's site a lot of good info and pics.

Thank you! I'll check them out.

Thank you. I was referring more to the color stripes that were applied to the bars.

Thank you! I'll check them out.
Yes, the are brown in color they designate which side....2 stripes left side one stripe right side

BTW if you get a chance i have a build thread here for my 69 GTX and I am doing a concours resto with the factory markings/stamps. 67 they did things a little different versus 69 model year but the more links you have the more things you can find out...

Dave Weiss(MMC detroit) has a lot of information in his books and are a great reference, not perfect but nothing out there is....

Auto Transport Service
Back