• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line Kits - Holley 4150 Comments

Oldtimer

Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
CARB FUEL LINE KIT – COMMENTS

Background Story:

I recent days, I have been entertaining the idea of swapping out a Holley 770 Street Avenger, I bought in 2009, that has seen, at most, 20 miles of actual road testing, since being installed during vehicle resto and/or mods later and finally installed in 2015. Prior to this setup, I was using a worn out Holley 750 Double Pumper, c/w a manual choke (1985 through 2009) - that despite it requiring a long overdue rebuild, was far less problematic - during my typical 440 RB Hot start up. It was certainly more reliable, than is the case with my Holley Avenger, that is currently equipped with a factory electric choke.

Yes, it may simply be a case of not having the electric choke setup correctly, or other common factors discussed elsewhere, at length, by so many others, much more knowledgeable on the topic - than me, whose efforts have been to help identify and address, either a single or even multiple causes, for the dreaded "Hot Start" scenario.

In this regard, and wanting to revert back to a manual choke (my preferring to know its ”ON” or “OFF”) I purchased, the recommended Holley Manual Choke Conversion Kit #45-225, for my Street Avenger, which resulted in a total waste of my time, trying to pick and choose between all of the unnecessary brackets and misc gismos, I later determined to be not applicable to my application, no thanks, to what can only be described as a: "1-kit-fits-all nightmare", including in my view, a virtually useless set of instructions, and a piss poor quality diagram to boot! This kit, from a professional carburetor rebuilder’s perspective, no doubt requires little, if any explanation, and perhaps had all of the parts I required, but for all of us DIYs, the lack of clarity regarding all of the part options, including the assembly of the specific parts needed, for only my application, was, to say the very least, a total FAIL in marketing communication, in my opinion.

Now, to the point of my asking for your Comments:

All this grief aside.., a Holley Ultra Double Pumper 750 cfm Square Bore, 4-Barrel,Mechanical Secondary, complete with a factory Manual Choke, Carburetor (0-76751BK) is now being considered for installation.

I am delaying my purchase of this carb - until I get a few other things figured out - such as the following...

One must consider which fuel line kit on the market today, is best suited for my mildly modified 440 street application. Quality, is also important, and something that I am willing to pay for. There are many vendors out there flogging such products, and likewise, an endless stream of buyers, who have posted BAD experiences - involving poor quality, leaks and fuel port alignment issues, given the wide variety of measurements stated by vendors. I suspect a person must be ‘extremely’ careful in their kit selection, given all the confusion, when dealing with variable duel port (center-to-center) distances and the lack of some kits, to properly align, adjust & professionally secure their fuel line kits - to a model 4150 (Double Pumper) - not to be confused with the longer HP version.

I am leaning towards JEGS #110824 Fuel Line Kit as illustrated.

I have also tossed in a photo for fun, illustrating many of the various (center-to-center) measurements reportedly out there today. No wonder, so many people have had problems. Perhaps, I should just build a custom fuel line kit from scratch, using quality parts - although I shouldn’t have to go to all that trouble to avoid the: (9.25; 9.313; 9-5/16; or 9.50 )center-to-center kit selection confusion, surrounding a Holley 750 cfm ultra double pumper carb. Many kits say they are 4150 compatible, but are not 9.313 (center-to-center) - which I believe, is the correct measurement. Some are saying, not even Holley's fuel line kit, for a 4150 model carb fits correctly, on an ultra double pumper. Really? No worries, I'm no longer considering their fuel line kit product anyway, for my own reasons.

In my efforts to make a well informed choice...

Your preferences and/or comments in this regard are appreciated.

Jegs 110824 Fuel Line Kit .jpg

and for general info, image courtesy of JEGS Performance.

Common Carb Fuel Entry Port Specs.JPG

Thank-you In Advance.

Keep On Rock'n!

Last edited:
I run a similar set up on a 440, torker and 1in spacer. Wont fit a stock height manifold. I bent my own lines for that. Also a coil relocation kit clears up lots of clearance issues.

What is the issue you have with the avenger carb? I have had two, and on both the idle restrictions in the metering blocks were too lean for the altitude here in Denver, CO.
Opening the idle restrictions really made a big difference in the performance.
When I had the 770 Ultra Avenger on an Edelbrock RPM intake (440 engine) I had to use a minimum 3/8" carb to manifold spacer as I believe the fast idle (passenger side) would hit the intake manifold if mounted with a thin carb gasket.
For the fuel line, I just use the -6AN carb fittings (The short fuel bowl to male -6AN), a -6AN "T" (all male ends) and then sections of -6 AN hose with female ends.

What you listed might work, but sometimes the extension fittings are too long as mentioned above.

ditto to what 451 posted. I tried several fuel line from the mech fuel pump up to a 4150 DP. Scrapped them and built my own similar to the the description above this post. I used a SS braid over rubber fuel line (not my first choice but I could not find a SS or steel line for my 440 that was a good fit. Put a Holley 40 micron billet fuel filter(changable) just before the carb and a fuel pressure gauge in line above the gauge. I'm satisfied with it. Good luck.

I'm in the same boat here.
I was thinking of making my own out of copper.

Vintage, what kind of flare tool did you use? I kept trying to make a double flare on ss and kept trying and trying until I wore off the "ribs"(the part that bites into the ss). That and the complex bends from the fuel pump to the carb is extremely difficult with SS. From a "make your own" fuel line, copper would be quite easy to work with. There is a blog on here that addresses CU. There was a negative in its use that eliminated it from my candidates. Can't recall what that was. Check on it.

I used an old Lisle flare tool.
Lots of oil on the dies and slow back and forth did the trick

I've done it to my H Farmall.
It's not pressurized though.
If I can find a grenade one I'd rather do that.
It needs to go from an Edelbrock fuel pump to a Holley Dual Feed

Auto Transport Service
Back