• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fusebox

CHR73

Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Hello
Next to my project charger 73 i am working that electrical mess .look that fusebox what happening that fuse number seven .no wire on the backside what fuse is that .what is the best way to fix it.what is that circuit breaker?on fusebox. Thank you
image.jpeg

You need to replace it. The fuse box is toast. I would put a WTB ad in the for sale section. Somebody will have one for sure. What does the rest of the harness look like. Its hard to tell in the pictures, but it looks to be quite a mess.
For wiring diagrams, have a look here
http://www.retrorarities.com/images/73-74ChargerSchematics.pdf

No 7 is the HEATER/AC. Probably accounts for why it melted. Poor connection at the fuse caused excess current. The original fuse probably blew and somebody stuck a much bigger one in there. End result is what you see.

upload_2016-4-15_1-31-35.png

I have one you can have for shipping. Its from a 74 but I do believe the numbers are the same. Let me know and I'll post pix here tonight.

yes,that looks great and i think it same as 73. if you leave it Ill take it .

Auto Transport Service
Back