• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotta hang up the charger for a while....

Tim Chavez

Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Hey Gents.
it looks like I'm going to have to put the charger on the back burner for a few months... my Fiancee came to me yesterday talking about how she really misses having a truck... sooo since the 03 hemi is locked up and the 96 cummins is in desperate need of a cab, either option will take up an incredible amount of time and leave none to work on the charger. that being said i think I'm going to cab swap the cummins first. its going to be the least tedious and most strait forward of the two jobs. if any of you guys have any tips i would definitely appreciate it. i had hoped to wait till i had a concrete floor and a lift but i guess ill take outside my shed with a backhoe haha.

20160816_185952.jpg 20160816_190014.jpg

Hey Gents.
it looks like I'm going to have to put the charger on the back burner for a few months... my Fiancee came to me yesterday talking about how she really misses having a truck... sooo since the 03 hemi is locked up and the 96 cummins is in desperate need of a cab, either option will take up an incredible amount of time and leave none to work on the charger. that being said i think I'm going to cab swap the cummins first. its going to be the least tedious and most strait forward of the two jobs. if any of you guys have any tips i would definitely appreciate it. i had hoped to wait till i had a concrete floor and a lift but i guess ill take outside my shed with a backhoe haha.

View attachment 608723 View attachment 608724

2003 ram 2500 2wd single cab 8 ft bed 5.7 hemi auto Dana rear 99,*** miles just done a ton of work to it about $4-5K worth
$4000 and it's yours !

Be a baller. Tell the Wife how it is going to be and be a man.

2003 ram 2500 2wd single cab 8 ft bed 5.7 hemi auto Dana rear 99,*** miles just done a ton of work to it about $4-5K worth
$4000 and it's yours !
I’m pretty sure she would be a whole lot less thrilled if I show up with another car! We already have 5 and 2 can’t move one shouldn’t move hahaha

Kern must be home alone right now ! I would advise against his way serious injury or death may /will occur

Well sounds to me like the old rusty truck and the newer locked up truck need to meet and have a demon baby

Hell no that Cummins does not have the electronics on it. Keep it, if needed put a new BIG turbo, new injectors, new head bolts, new fuel pump..(most common problem)... All the easy reliable mods bc it doesn't have the electronic controller on it.. that motor is easy a half million miler... I had one... Stick is even better....

For the cab is it only that section that is bad? I had a buddy (not anymore) that slid my race truck into a pole and pushed the rocker and floor to almost the brake pedal, No frame damage, so to the junk yard I went and cut out the section plus door cost me 100 bucks, welded in and done... I couldn't afford a wire feed and had a small stick welder turned the power low and went at it, I was amazed it didn't warp and came out straight.

Hell no that Cummins does not have the electronics on it. Keep it, if needed put a new BIG turbo, new injectors, new head bolts, new fuel pump..(most common problem)... All the easy reliable mods bc it doesn't have the electronic controller on it.. that motor is easy a half million miler... I had one... Stick is even better....

For the cab is it only that section that is bad? I had a buddy (not anymore) that slid my race truck into a pole and pushed the rocker and floor to almost the brake pedal, No frame damage, so to the junk yard I went and cut out the section plus door cost me 100 bucks, welded in and done... I couldn't afford a wire feed and had a small stick welder turned the power low and went at it, I was amazed it didn't warp and came out straight.
im hoping its not too bad. i wont lie, ive been a lil too afraid to start pulling it apart to really determine the extent of the damage. i found the floor pan and the rocker for just under a hundo at advanced auto. im going to pull it apart tonight and see where its at.

Make her get her hands dirty, whether on the truck itself, or in the kitchen baking goodies.

Auto Transport Service
Back