• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greenhorn to site with a 1965 Plymouth satellite. Howdy Mopar mates

Willy Wedge

Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Will here, i am new to site. I have a 1965 Plymouth Satellite that is a rather rare B body.
Car was owned by original owner until 2017 when sold at his estate sale.
Just got car back on road after much TLC ! Maybe someone could shed some ( lite) light on my Satellite.
The man who bought this car new was a Scientist and the story is that a lot of the Hi performance cars from Chrysler where built for and went to Spies, CIA agents, Scientist, & VIPs of the Government (hence Model kit ) not many went to average folk. We all know Chrysler worked with the government. My Plymouth was built at the well known Lynch Rd plant. There is a famous Model kit of a Government agent of some sort walking to his car which is a Hi-po factory 1965 Satellite. Anyone Know of or have first hand knowledge about these Hi-po Mopar and the people that drove them?? Did most, some, any of these cars go to VIPs in
government ?? Stories on Cars and the people would be very Interesting !

Thanks, Will
Spinnin ant Winnin !!!

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

Never worthless to hear and learn Mopar stories or any other hot rod story for that matter! If u have no input on subject guess i just be glad i could humor U today !

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

Went back to points in the old 426-S. 1 of 265 with auto trans

Last edited:
Welcome from NY.
Perhaps it inspired this one as it came out in 1966:

But I think you're probably putting way too much stock in a model box.

Ha, is that the factory chome air cleaner cover, I have one and always wondered what it came on. Welcome aboard Sir, lots of very knowledgeable folks here eager to share a wealth of info, great site here for sure.

Welcome to FBBO

Greetings and welcome to FBBO from NY!
Let's see some pics of your car man!

Ha, is that the factory chome air cleaner cover, I have one and always wondered what it came on. Welcome aboard Sir, lots of very knowledgeable folks here eager to share a wealth of info, great site here for sure.
Yes, Factory air cleaner on car.

Welcome from NY.
Perhaps it inspired this one as it came out in 1966:

But I think you're probably putting way too much stock in a model box.

Think your spot on Don. Ole Johnny signing about the model kit guy. LMAO

@Willy Wedge ..... welcome to the site!! But, you will probably get more hits on this particular subject if you were to start it in the General Forum.

howdy from california , well mine isn't a 426 street wedge you lucky dog you , but it's just a 383 commando 4spd car with factory a/c , yes it's unrestored and all original down to the exhaust system . gathering up the missing parts

DSC09728.JPG

DSC09729.JPG

DSC09730.JPG

DSC09769.JPG

DSC09770.JPG

Wow, Great ride ! Take your time and it will come along. my car is mostley original as well

well i picked up a 65 bel rag from the original owners family for my wifes driver . so i'm also gathering for it . it's a basket case , but i think i can handle it . it was a 273 auto , but i'm a big block guy so i've got a mild hotrod
thumbnail.jpg
DSC03108.JPG
DSC03111.JPG
DSC03114.JPG
383 auto getting ready for it . and same of mine vintage torq thrusts from back in the day . not sure what rocker covers yet .

DSC02026.JPG

DSC03361.JPG

DSC07837.JPG

DSC04029.jpg

DSC03432.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back