• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greenhorn to site with a 1965 Plymouth satellite. Howdy Mopar mates

Welcome Willy from just north of the Mason Dixon line!

'65 Satellite is my favorite B body but I've never been able to afford one. They've always been pricey for many years. You lucked out with the one you have :thumbsup:

Talking about Chryslers and the military, I vaguely remember reading about a car that had a connection with the owner and there was a small placard in the center of the back seat with his name on it. There were pictures but I can't recall where I saw it or what car it was.
Just south of Mason Dixon line, I have kin folk in Fairfield. Thanks much for your service and your input !! Chrysler worked with the Military for sure.

IMG_0715.JPG

Thanks for the Welcomes folks !
I wish somebody gave me a heads up when i was 19 years old that a Cross Ram and a 55 chevy was not a good Mix ! Had linkage problems as Firewall so close to engine. Went single 4 barrel

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

Welcome from Alabama, a great find. I've been looking around for a 65 Satellite or 64 Coronet 500. It's just a pity that I'm already car poor.

Welcome from Alabama, a great find. I've been looking around for a 65 Satellite or 64 Coronet 500. It's just a pity that I'm already car poor.
Cool pic, Love them wing cars! I bought a brand new Dodge Daytona wing car. Flipped it a few times. Gave it to brother in law and he still has it. He flips it a lot. The wing is Very tuff Never Broke!

Yeah i gave car to my brother in law cuz he has a way better track. 4 lane job.
Tuff Wing ! Working headlights 2 ! Lol

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

well i picked up a 65 bel rag from the original owners family for my wifes driver . so i'm also gathering for it . it's a basket case , but i think i can handle it . it was a 273 auto , but i'm a big block guy so i've got a mild hotrod View attachment 1479490View attachment 1479491View attachment 1479492View attachment 1479495383 auto getting ready for it . and same of mine vintage torq thrusts from back in the day . not sure what rocker covers yet .

View attachment 1479496

View attachment 1479500

View attachment 1479505

View attachment 1479506

View attachment 1479508
Awesome stuff right there! Just fun to look at !!

Anyone watch the movie Hot Rod 1979 ?? If you have not watched it the movie is on youtube.
I dont know what movie made me cry harder, when they shot Ole Yeller or flipped that 65 in Hot Rod. Dig the blacked out grill

IMG_0926.JPG

Did u guys see Uncle Tonys Garage (youtube) bring up the MR Norm Wedge Cars 1966??? UTG spoke on these cars Yesterday??? The 1966 Plum Crazy cars just as i said on my post a week or 2 ago !! The Cars the Mopar Geniuses Knew Nothing about!! Them Jokers where Very quick to Bust my lug nuts about the 426 wedge cars in 1966!! UTG back up this ole Gear head story on them Mr Norm Wedge Cars!!! Dad told me- Its what we Learn after we Know it All that Counts !!!

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

He was probably just reading a thread here from January.

In all your excitement remember they made 426 wedges in 66.
A 426 street wedge is nothing more than an underbored 440.
Anyways, carry on!

He was probably just reading a thread here from January.

In all your excitement remember they made 426 wedges in 66.
A 426 street wedge is nothing more than an underbored 440.
Anyways, carry on!
Thanks, Cause I thought a 426 wedge was a overbored 413 Lol

well rb 383 , 413 , 426 , 440 all use different castings , they shear bore sizes with 361 , 383 . and again all b blocks have different casting 361 , 383 , 400 . 400 has it's own bore size , not sure about that early b 350 bore size .

Auto Transport Service
Back