• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grill options

FrnkNsteen

Reaction score
I am looking into what I need to do with my grill. I've got a few spots on the vertical slats that have small chunks broken out, but overall it is in pretty good shape. The biggest issue I have is the pointed section on the driver side end, that sits under the bumper, is broken off. Attached is a picture I found online and I have circled the area that is missing.

That being said,... I have been looking for a driver side grill extension and found a repaired one someone on ebay is selling. They want $259 as the Buy Now price. My other option is Classic Industries sells the driver side grill extension for $299, but says they will be "Available Soon". They also sell the OER full grill for a little over $1000 for what seems to be a cheaper repop, or they have what they say is OEM style for about $1500. I noticed that Herb's Parts also sells a full grill that they say is made in USA and "Injection Molded Plastic Resin for durability and original appearance", but who knows what that means.

Anybody have any suggestions on if I am better off buying the repaired original, the repopped OER driver side extension, or a full grill from OER or Herb's. Any other suggestions would be appreciated too.

Thanks

Grill Corner.jpg

I do not recall the guy's name, but possibly you talked to him back in March at the Indy show. But this guy specializes in 68 to 70 Charger grills. He always buys several of the grill spacer kits from us each year. I have heard that he does good work and he is out of Missouri. I can look back through some of my business cards to get his contact information.

As for a reproduction, I would be skeptical of anything being of decent quality. Secondly, if your required to use both the original and reproduction pieces together, I have yet to see anything like that happen yet. I believe that in the end, it would be better to try to locate the necessary pieces and then restore it yourself.

You have the skills as shown in your dash assembly restore, so I personally believe in the long term, you will be happier with an original restored grill.

I do not recall the guy's name, but possibly you talked to him back in March at the Indy show. But this guy specializes in 68 to 70 Charger grills. He always buys several of the grill spacer kits from us each year. I have heard that he does good work and he is out of Missouri. I can look back through some of my business cards to get his contact information.

As for a reproduction, I would be skeptical of anything being of decent quality. Secondly, if your required to use both the original and reproduction pieces together, I have yet to see anything like that happen yet. I believe that in the end, it would be better to try to locate the necessary pieces and then restore it yourself.

You have the skills as shown in your dash assembly restore, so I personally believe in the long term, you will be happier with an original restored grill.

Thanks bfan! Both for the suggestion and the vote of confidence. I did talk to that guy at the March show in Indy. Actually there were two of them, just a couple tables apart from each other. I hadn't thought about contacting them to see if they have the part I would need. I have both their cards from the show.

You're right,... If I could find a way to fix that corner, or at least get a factory extension for that side, I have no worries about restoring it myself. Once everything is fixed, it's just a matter of priming, taping, and painting.

I will contact those guys and see if they happen to have a driver side extension, or at least a broken one that has that corner. I could pin it and bond it back together if I had to.

Hey, I will be needing to order a bunch of stuff off that spreadsheet you had sent me, What's the best way to order a bunch of stuff. Can I highlight everything I need and send it back to you to put a package together?

Thanks again!

Back