• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GVW/ vehicle weight?

Moparwedge

Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody have info or can help. Need the GVW for replacement title for my '70 R'Runner 383 4speed 2 door post bucket seat car. original airgrabber car as well. No power steering. Form asks for empty weight and GVW. Thanks in advance.........

the 68 I had was 3450 I know this for sure because I had it weighted

Can't be much more than 150# with all options?

the 68 I had was 3450 I know this for sure because I had it weighted
3450 sounds good for curb weight as in no passengers or loads, what about GVW rating. Thanks for the input guys......this title thing is a real pain, Title was in my truck when it was stolen. I brought the car back from S.Carolina.

Maybe add another 7-800#? My other car says 900#.

My 68 has a 440 weighs 3450 without me in it (aluminum rocks!)...according to chrysler decal on door jamb GVW is + 1100lbs...6 passengers, but mine was originally a bench seat car... I guess you could deduct 180 lb for a bucket seat car

I was gonna say- isn't GVW fully loaded with passengers and cargo plus a full tank of gas?

That's kind of an odd thing to use unless it's commercial.

Congats on being the first in your state to register one- that's usually the only way you get to tell them what it weighs. I did that with my 67 wagon- first on in the database and it was an interesting process.

They tried to tell me 39 to 41 and change based on a 5 min google search.

I said that was way high for a 67, even a wagon.

We did a lot more googling and found a dealer shipping weight of 3745 IIRC, so that's what the state of FL now uses for 67 Belvedere wagon registrations.

I was gonna say- isn't GVW fully loaded with passengers and cargo plus a full tank of gas?

That's kind of an odd thing to use unless it's commercial.

Congats on being the first in your state to register one- that's usually the only way you get to tell them what it weighs. I did that with my 67 wagon- first on in the database and it was an interesting process.
yes, gvw is the maximum loaded weight, strange why the form asks for curb weight (empty) and gvw. I appreciate the input. I'm going to try and call the S.Carolina dmv again and see if I can get a helpful person this time, I'm hoping they will have a copy of title on file.

Auto Transport Service
Back