• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner Sail Panels on 70 Roadrunner Hardtop

Lucky Lar

Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
I bought some new Sail Panels from Legendary, as you can see in the picture the area where the clips attach are different from what I took off my car

Mine has 2 places to attach the clips, the new one only has one place to attach a clip & it is in the wrong position

Legendary says that the ones I took off my car are incorrect ????

Anybody out there dealt with this & have any suggestions, or where I can get the correct ones

20170701_135441_resized.jpg

I've got sail panels that I bought from Legenday Interiors as well. My car and panel have a spot for 2 clips but the panel seems to big for its location. Not sure what to do yet.

Could you post a pictures of the panels you bought?

Also do the 2 spots where the clips go on your panels look like they are in the same location as my originals

IMG_4032.JPG
I bought some new Sail Panels from Legendary, as you can see in the picture the area where the clips attach are different from what I took off my car

Mine has 2 places to attach the clips, the new one only has one place to attach a clip & it is in the wrong position

Anybody out there dealt with this & have any suggestions, or where I can get the correct ones

View attachment 443879
They look like there in a different position but the panel seems to long. If I was to cut it to the correct length it would look a lot like your top pic. Mine is a 69 Bee.

Thanks for the photo The 69 bee & the 70 RR are really similar in that area so i would think they would use the same panels, I ordered some bare panels from Classic Industries, hope they are correct, will post once i receive them

I hope so too but I think classic and yearone get there parts from legendary Interiors. Let me know how it works out.

I think your right,but they were cheap so i thought i would give it a try
Did yours also come with some squares of Velcro, mine did

The new ones you can do two things....Remove the cardboard clip holders and place(glue) in the proper locations. Or cut a square of velcro the same size as the cardboard squares and place on those areas. Let each piece tack up on the car and the panel for an hour and then place your panel in position.

I used velcro versus the clips on the X due to the fact the new cardboard is softer than the original material and when you punch the clips in you will get a dimple to show...

View attachment 443879

most of the stuff that we r buying to restore r cars comes from out of the country. example' arm rest for my 70 plymouth came from legendery the box said pakistan

Just received some uncovered ones from Classic
they have the 2 spots for the clips & they say they are for 69 & 70 RR GTX
made by REM not Legendary
20170713_193014_resized.jpg

Thanks for the follow up. Maybe I'll give it a try.:thumbsup:

Classic sells covered ones also, but i think they say those are by Legendary

i will try calling them tomorrow & see if they can tell me anything

The first link below is for the uncovered ones i bought about $20
the second link is for some covered ones non-Legendary about $40
the 3rd link is for the Legendary ones about $90

if anybody has bought these covered non-Legendary ones i would like to hear what you thought about them
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/plymouth/roadrunner/parts/mb82623.html
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/plymouth/roadrunner/parts/mb8262401.html
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/plymouth/roadrunner/parts/mb1421101.html

Auto Transport Service
Back