• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Held at gun point because of the HEMI 426

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Submit & I are driving to Florida next month for a couple weeks and a stop at his place in Ocala is on the agenda. :thumbsup:

We drove our 1-of-0 1967 Coronet R/T wagon down there and back from near London, Ontario about 25 years ago. It was fantastic then, and can only be better now. E-1 Firetrucks, also at Ocala used to have free tours through their factory. It could be interesting to see how these big pieces of equipment are assembled.

scan0002[2].jpg

scan0001[2].jpg

Amazing to hear a true legend speak about the development of the greatest American engine ever built!

I've stopped in at Big Daddy's a couple times... Highly recommended...

We drove our 1-of-0 1967 Coronet R/T wagon down there and back from near London, Ontario about 25 years ago. It was fantastic then, and can only be better now. E-1 Firetrucks, also at Ocala used to have free tours through their factory. It could be interesting to see how these big pieces of equipment are assembled.

View attachment 1609672

View attachment 1609673

I was there in 1985 & 39 years later, I’m anxious to visit again.

I love listening to them guys
& especially Don Garlits tell them old stories

thanks for sharing RC

Been there yes, the museum is worth the trip, and Big Daddy is getting old, if you want to meet and talk to a legend better not delay, God forbid before time runs out.

looks like ur goin in march i guess you won’t see it …

We’re leaving on 3/9.
NHRA Gatornationals will be in Gainesville that weekend. Garlits is usually there. We'll be there too.

We went to the museum one year when the races were rained out. Big Daddy was there. My wife and her friend got their picture taken with him. He's a really nice guy. The museum is cool too.

Auto Transport Service
Back