• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Atlanta

Does anyone know what bolts are used under the windshield gasket to bolt the dash back into place? I have lots of parts here but sorting through stuff that wasn't labeled is a pain in the neck. Let me know that would be a great help and save a ton of time. I have the parts catalog for 69 but didn't see the bolts in the exploded view.

All of the bodywork is done. Installed a lower quarter patch from AMD I have no pictures of the patch installed the body work was done by the man thats going to paint the car. Sent the front and rear bumpers out to get re-chromed. Incase anyone wants to know. It was 700.00 total for both front and rear 69 b-body bumpers. They said they do it the old fashion way with copper base and then nickle chrome. Don't quote me on that.. Anyhow I have almost all of the interior parts here. And the seats were done by my neighbor. Absolutely bad *** looking job. He matched the rear set exactly like it was. We took some liberties with the front bucket seats. The pleats look like they flow over the back onto the rear seats. Which is not far off from the factory seats. Its going to be in the 70's this weekend and then we will transport the car to the paint shop. Also gave the painter the correct dimensions for the hood stripes. And then had to assure him the paint went over onto the fenders.. He couldn't make sense of it... But I assured him it was correct. I'm looking for a good steering wheel the one we have has some pretty good cracks in it. If anyone has a decent steering wheel PM me and let me know what you want for it. thanks

I just joined the Beep Beep Bs from Atlanta, too with a '70. She's coming down from Chicago next week. Can't wait!

I just joined the Beep Beep Bs from Atlanta, too with a '70. She's coming down from Chicago next week. Can't wait!
Welcome to the B-Body site look forward to seeing your car posted. Had a small weather delay last week. But we should be taking the RR Saturday morning for paint. Good luck with the 70..

I had the worst possible crap happen in the ice. My wife calls me to come rescue her.. I have a 2wd chevy she drives a caravan. I go to pull her out of a ditch. Chevy pulls Dodge. Then she keeps backing up hitting my chevy knocking my rear end onto the ice I get stuck. Had to be pulled out by a FORD EXPLORER .... :( Bad day Atleast they were all American made vehicles.

Welcome to the madness from North Carolina . . .

Welcome. I live in Newnan. Mine is a 69 also.
Thanks. from your avatar it looks to be a post car as well. Taking the car to paint today, well in about an hour when the sun gets up. Going to go purchase the vinyl top today as well. Did all post cars have stainless on the Post?

Have you considered repairing your steering wheel?
Takes a little time and effort but I like saving stuff.

IMG_1187.JPG
Thanks. from your avatar it looks to be a post car as well. Taking the car to paint today, well in about an hour when the sun gets up. Going to go purchase the vinyl top today as well. Did all post cars have stainless on the Post?
That is my uncles car that was runner up in Stock Eleminater at the Cajun Nats in 1980. I think that is the correct year. Here's my car before I bought it.

Wish that was my garage.. Those belong to the guy we got the roadrunner from. As I stated the roadrunner was the only turd in his collection. The car was jammed and hood stripes were laid out yesterday. Missed our chance on that Vinyl top so i guess we have to order one. We hauled the car yesterday to the paint booth. And yes I have the POR putty i was going to attempt the fix on the steering wheel but the guy who owns the car is getting antsy.. Keep in mind this will be a driver not so much a trailer queen. So he isn't looking for perfect just wants it to look good when he drives it. I just hope they don't clear over the hood stripes.. But if they do I guess shiney stripes are what he wanted. I would have kept them like they are supposed to be.

IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0661.JPG IMG_0662.JPG IMG_0663.JPG IMG_0664.JPG IMG_0665.JPG

Last edited:
Paint is on the rr.. Keep in mind this will be a driver. We are not looking for showroom perfect paint. So with that said here it is. I didnt want the black stripes cleared but it got cleared which will make it easier to keep clean.

IMG_0669.JPG IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0671.JPG IMG_0673.JPG

Does anyone have good pictures of how the trunk weather strip is installed? If so please shoot me a picture of the proper install. I cant really tell how it goes. And the shop manual has a tiny little picture that i cant make out.

I am just North of you in GA and have been around these cars from day one, and the 68 / 69 B-Bodies are our primary focus. For the trunk weatherstrip, there is basically two styles available. They are basically the same, except one has a lip which extends over the trunk gutter into the trunk pan area and has to be trimmed to fit properly. The more common style does not have a lip and simply glues to the trunk gutter. Starting at approximately 3 inches to the right of the lock mechanism, apply a small amount of 3M weatherstrip adhesive to the gutter. The correct cement was a brownish gold color and still is available at appliance repair shops that sells say refrigerator seals or buy the black at your favorite parts store. Then working in counter clockwise direction place the seal in place. Do not stretch the seal as you install it!! We use clothes pin approximately 4 inches apart to hold it in place for overnight. Work all the way around the gutter and trim to fit. The "V" portion should be to the outside of the trunk area. If you should need any other assistance, drop me a message as we specialize in the 68 to 69 B-Bodies.

I am just North of you in GA and have been around these cars from day one, and the 68 / 69 B-Bodies are our primary focus. For the trunk weatherstrip, there is basically two styles available. They are basically the same, except one has a lip which extends over the trunk gutter into the trunk pan area and has to be trimmed to fit properly. The more common style does not have a lip and simply glues to the trunk gutter. Starting at approximately 3 inches to the right of the lock mechanism, apply a small amount of 3M weatherstrip adhesive to the gutter. The correct cement was a brownish gold color and still is available at appliance repair shops that sells say refrigerator seals or buy the black at your favorite parts store. Then working in counter clockwise direction place the seal in place. Do not stretch the seal as you install it!! We use clothes pin approximately 4 inches apart to hold it in place for overnight. Work all the way around the gutter and trim to fit. The "V" portion should be to the outside of the trunk area. If you should need any other assistance, drop me a message as we specialize in the 68 to 69 B-Bodies.
That's great information.. Thanks a ton. One quick question on the roof rail weather strip. Does it get glued into place or is that molded to fit into a groove? I found the old roof rail seal but I think I'll just get new ones. This is the seal above the door glass and under the roof rail.

The roof rail seal simply pushes in place into the stainless trim. There is a foam seal that goes between the stainless trim and roof itself, so that needs to go in first. We specialize in reproducing the weatherstripping for most of all of these cars and for door seals and roof rail seals, I strongly suggest whenever possible to reuse the originals. They fit better than any of the reproductions out there.

Auto Transport Service
Back