• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from NW Indiana

ChargerRTguy

Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself and say hi to all you fellow Mopar lovers. My son and I are currently restoring a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T that I purchased a number of years ago. The restoration was partially started by the previous owner, so we finally decided to finish it and enjoy the car. Since the previous owner did not paint it the correct color, we decided to go with black and re-create the "Assassin's" car from the Steve McQueen movie Bullitt.

Attachments

• charger2edit.jpg
    charger2edit.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 417
  • charger1edit.jpg
    charger1edit.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Sounds like a great project. You cant go wrong with black.68 is my favorite year on a charger.
OBTW WELCOME ABOARD!

Good to see another Hoosier on here, I just picked up a 1969 Charger! good luck on the build! I love the Bullitt Charger screams badass.

welcome. a 68 r/t with the black r/t stripe would look cool.

I have given the stripe some thought and "tossed and turned" a bit on it. In keeping with the "Bullitt" theme, no stripe would be added. I will have white wall tires, so if I get board or change my mind, a white stripe would accent the tires, plus according to the fender tag it did have a white stripe. If I changed to red lines, then I would go with a red stripe.

welcome to FBBO forum. Good luck with your Charger R/T bullet to be car.

You came in and musta slipped my my radar:eusa_boohoo:Welome aboard,sweet ride and good luck with yer mope!!

Welcome

Welcome to the site !!!, ( from north of the 401 & south of 7 ).
Pics of before during & after are ALWAYS nice to see. Fred

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I was a "Duke" fan too, used to watch the show when it came out and have the latest DVD version. Was a hard choice of whether to go with a '68 "Bullitt" or '69 "General Lee". Being I saw "Bullitt" first long before the "Dukes" I already made up my mind. The 68-70 were all great years for that car. 6pktgo, I did setup another post "My 68 Charger R/T "Bullitt re-creation" under projects and I am posting pics of my progress.

Auto Transport Service
Back