• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many years have you owned a performance/classic vehicle ?

My first Mopar was a 66 Charger, Red w/white interior, 383 4 speed.
Below if picture of my current Mopar. A 66 Charger, red w/white interior, 383 Automatic.
4 th. owner, bought in 2010. Car is originally from Bismarck, ND. Now in Pittsburgh PA.

View attachment 1543058

View attachment 1543059

View attachment 1543060
1697811359830.png
That car is, as I say, "drool quality" .

when I moved on from the Chevelle, probably 1984, early 85; I sold the SS hood (it was clean) to a kid down the street for 35 bucks. I got 150 for the 12 bolt posi 3.73s I believe
Those were the days when muscle cars and parts for them were cheap,nowadays the prices of cars and parts are way beyond insane!

...without any desire for a cure !!
I'm like the guy in Monty Pythons "In search of the Holy Grail",who is at the convent spanking the nuns when they come to rescue him. I'm quite alright,no need to come and rescue me,I'm perfectly fine! Lol

Last edited:
I'm like the guy in Monty Pythons "In search of the Holy Grail,who is at the convent spanking the nuns when the come to rescue him. I'm quote alright,no need to come and rescue me,I'm perfectly fine! Lol

it's just a flesh wound!

With all the aftermarket parts that are available now,I find there are more parts than there ever was available back then.
True enough. But a lot (not all) of the aftermarket parts are poor quality. So original parts, when you can refurbish them, are always better!

True enough. But a lot (not all) of the aftermarket parts are poor quality. So original parts, when you can refurbish them, are always better!
Through the 80s you could walk a junk yard and pick out the best GTX , RoadRunner ect you wanted to rob parts off of.
I miss those days.

In some cases this is true,but up here in the rust belt most original pieces are in very poor condition. The aftermarket parts have come along way from the crude pieces that became available in the early nineties, before that there was little to no aftermarket parts available for Mopars.

LOL, we all sat on our cars! Even the Wife of 41 years and I sat on the hood with our backs on the windshield at the Drive In. The scoops kept me from rolling off the hood after too much Rum !my
My gtx was a regular at the local drive in theater, i used to pull the windshield wipers so we could sit on the hood and lay back on the windshield.....later I spent hours trying to straighten the lovers on the cowl to this day they are not perfect. Wouldn't change a thing,

LOL, we all sat on our cars! Even the Wife of 41 years and I sat on the hood with our backs on the windshield at the Drive In. The scoops kept me from rolling off the hood after too much Rum !

My gtx was a regular at the local drive in theater, i used to pull the windshield wipers so we could sit on the hood and lay back on the windshield.....later I spent hours trying to straighten the lovers on the cowl to this day they are not perfect. Wouldn't change a thing,

This is what I have to say about that!
20220531_201740.jpg

Surprisingly comfortable too!

I'm 58 and my first two cars I don't consider them classics or performance. First was a 72 Nova w/6-cylinder and my second car was a 66 Chevelle w/6-cylinder. Back then (1980-ish) they were just cars, cool cars, but just cars.

In 1988-ish I bought a 69 Firebird 400 (w/455) which I still have. Around 1995 I bought my grandfather's 68 Coronet 500 convertible (318) and drove it from PA to CA. Not sure I would consider a 318 "performance", but it is a classic.

So I would say I've owned a performance/classic since 1988, so 35 years.

38 years, although it wasn't exactly performance my second car was a 67 new yorker with a 440 and being 17 or so it was plenty enough fun. Since then, there has always been a little something going on performance wise depending on the situation at the time. My two 69s, the Charger and Skylark, have been with me since the mid 90s.

Auto Transport Service
Back