• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to save my interior? Armor all bad?

way down here where the sun is fierce, we reckon using armour all is like basteing a chicken, so it goes all crackly and golden brown crispy.
If you run an upholestery shop then its good for business though….

Gojo hand cleaner without the grit.The cheap 99 cent schtuff at Home Cheapo.
Works on dashes and vinyl tops.
Rub it in lightly,let sit and buff to a shine...Done.
Not too shiny or wet looking,and not dull--more of a natural look,IMHO.
Sit back and enjoy the glare..LOL!!

Sorry, but I'm finding it hard to keep a straight face on this topic. Are these real products or are people just making up names for them? Maybe I should recommend Jimbo's manly jizz juice, works wonders on vinyl but keep it away from carpet and eyes!

Sorry, but I'm finding it hard to keep a straight face on this topic. Are these real products or are people just making up names for them? Maybe I should recommend Jimbo's manly jizz juice, works wonders on vinyl but keep it away from carpet and eyes!

Yep Gojo is a real product,but is supposed used as a hand cleaner.I live in the snow belt and mess with vintage snowmobiles in the winter.What alot of the guys including myself use to soften the 30 and 40 year old sled seats is a few coats of ATF.It does work however most of the old seats are black and i think it would discolor a colored fabric.As for the cars i use Armor All.

Armor All makes a "low luster", not easy to find but its what I use. Doesn't seem to be so "potent".

Gojo is just a typical handcleaner that comes with or w/o pumice and comes in all sorts of smells. There is actually a lubricant called Jig-a-loo. I didn't believe that one. I'm suprised the name has lasted as long as it has.

LOL

yep, it's real stuff...and it works great!! takes oil and grease out of clothes too!!!

Attachments

• 11963985.jpg
    11963985.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 399
303 protectant is really good stuff it doesnt leave that slippery greasy look and it doesnt ruin the thread and other fibers like armor all does.

303 Protectant is the best stuff to use, expensive, but you don't have to use much of it. I put a new top on my 300 and I asked the trim shop what to use and they said 303 protectant. Just a little on a rag and wipe the top down and it looks brand new.

do you guys remember the STP son of a gun protectant with king richard petty on the bottle i used to really like that stuff and i dont think they make it anymore last place i seen it at was a dollar store like 10 years ago but that stuff worked great it was just about the right sheen and didnt seem as greasy as armour all did has anybody seen it available anywhere?

I was told by an upholsterer (?) years ago to use GoJo to get grease stains out of fabrics and leather. He did say to test it in a hidden area first....

I was told by an upholsterer (?) years ago to use GoJo to get grease stains out of fabrics and leather. He did say to test it in a hidden area first....

Tis true...it may "bleach" the area. DAMHIK :eusa_boohoo:

i have heard both sides of the armour all story. but then i heard the reason why.

the original formula was not very nice on vinyl so they reformulated. this is the product that we are used to, ultra slippery. store your car for a few years and see what it does. i have pics of our hemi x which has sat for 8+ years. it got armour all and it now has a green interior from the amount of mold.

there is a new formula our this year which is supposed to be very similar to Maguires. not too shiny, not too slippery and will not mold.

i will stick with Maguires as they seem to have gotten it right the first time around.

I used AA many moons ago and didn't like the shiny slimy it left behind but I've liked Maguires products. Not sure if an MSDS would tell ya anything but might be worth a look....

armor all

i dont know about you other folks but i paid alot of cash too have my top and interior done, and the guy that did the work told me too NEVER use armor all
on the leather / or the top...
he did recomend mothers products as too be the best ,,, i never used it on the charger other than the tires, and also when you use it on the top when you get caught out in a rain storm it leaves like black streeks on your paint.

Armorall is excellant.
I've used it since the 70's and have had no dashes or seats or tires crack from it. you'll get cracking from the sun beating down on your interior.
Armorall will also keep it from cracking and drying up too.
i put it on my tires from the race cars to my classic cars. No dry rotting here.

Rubber and vinyl will last for years if kept out of the sun and is kept clean. Not sure if it makes a difference but I know of a few that used AA all the time and really didn't wipe it all off and they ended up with ruined interior parts. They left it really wet. I know it looks kinda wet anyways but this was to the point where if you ran your fingers over it, they were wet and the cars were daily drivers and out in the sun all day long....

303 is great stuff but $$$, a lot of boat manufactures recommend Lemon Pledge on the interiors and exterior seats and trim. Armor All pulls the oil out of the vinyl and will cause it to crack over time.

I've been told that Armour All and STP like many cleaners are petroleum based and that is what causes them to be bad for the dash. You should use a water based cleaner. I'm not a chemist and don't know, nor do I play one on TV. However I have put Armour all on a dash and it cracked, I've also had 2 other people tell me the same happend to them. So I wouldn't put that crap on anything. Well I take that back I might put it on my brother's seat, that would be funny as ****. I only used 303 protectant on my Porshe dash and never had a problem. I also use it on all my current cars and have never had one crack, but it's pricey. I would have no problem giving a try with Maguires or Mother's either, they seem to be on the cutting edge of stuff and are really in a speciality market. My opinion, take it for what it's worth.

I have always wiped everything down with a wet sponge then followed up with Meguiars NXT Tech Protectant...it's great, provides nice shine, smells nice, and is NOT greasy.

Auto Transport Service
Back