• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Human Metapneumovirus PSA

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
this may or may not go political....... because I think we all know where this crap is coming from; think open border disaster........

anyway, day 11 for me.....

if it doesn't kill you on day 3, it tries again on day 5, 7, and 9....... nasty ****

wife wound up in the ER this morning, no cure....... treat the symptoms...... you need a prescription steroid

I'm improving and will survive it, the wife wasn't as tough........ she is home and will be ok

lesson learned, the world has changed...... I have never been so sick, and had this same type of thing 11 months ago; we didn't have this **** when we were kids, not in this country anyway.......... at 59 years old, I will see a doctor every time at the earliest symptoms of cold and flu; and I am NOT that guy (guess I am now)..........

please take this crap serious, it's no joke.......... I am so beat up, it physically hurts....... be safe

Human Metapneumovirus​

Human Metapneumovirus | CDC

I hope you and your wife continue to recover and are completely well soon.

Diseases we got rid of all seem to be coming back…..wonder why?

Hope you kick it soon.

Due to all various environmental and sociological factors, it's only gong to get worse as time goes on. There is really only one defense, and that is to minimize close contact with other people as much as practical.

That's it!
Spin the bottle game at the FBB0 tent at Carlisle is canceled!
A decision will be made concerning nude Twister at a later date.

:rofl:

Seriously dude and dudette, get better, cars will get painted. They will wait for you.

That's it!
Spin the bottle game at the FBB0 tent at Carlisle is canceled!
A decision will be made concerning nude Twister at a later date.

:rofl:

Seriously dude and dudette, get better, cars will get painted. They will wait for you.
I heard that the naked leap frog event is still a go at the Ford Nationals, though.

Hope you both get to feeling better soon.
Glad your wife is back home.

thanks everyone, but this wasn't intended to be a sympathy thread.......... just a warning, we're all getting too old to play games with this stuff; life is difficult enough without these 3rd world infections

Sounds a lot like what I'm getting over currently.

Saturday, scratchy throat in the morning. Went to work. By the end of the day I felt like death and had a 103 fever. Was able to spend all day in bed yesterday. Temp spiked to 104, aches, sinus congestion. Fever broke mid morning, down to 101 by dinnertime and back to normal today. Still weak, still achy, still have sinus crap...but the worst is over. Whatever it was, it hit hard and fast and left just as fast.

Hope you and yours heal up fast!

Sounds a lot like what I'm getting over currently.

Saturday, scratchy throat in the morning. Went to work. By the end of the day I felt like death and had a 103 fever. Was able to spend all day in bed yesterday. Temp spiked to 104, aches, sinus congestion. Fever broke mid morning, down to 101 by dinnertime and back to normal today. Still weak, still achy, still have sinus crap...but the worst is over. Whatever it was, it hit hard and fast and left just as fast.

Hope you and yours heal up fast!

I thought it was pretty much over last Thursday..... it comes in waves........ get yourself the steroids if you don't shake it

Get well soon! I hate the fact of how this crap is happening. I won’t go there but it pisses me off when I hear it. Seriously for you and the wife get well soon.

Do you happen to know the steroids they have you on?

I didn't get them, yet........ I think I'm out of the woods; the stuff is loose, and I can bring it up and breathe..... although I had some rough times

here is a picture of the list of things they prescribed for my wife........ she has no pneumonia, but severe bronchitis...... but you cannot spell it with out "pneumonia"; that's where it can take you

IMG_20240326_193410 - Copy.jpg

Sorry you two got this, man. I didn't see this thread until I searched for it.

this may or may not go political....... because I think we all know where this crap is coming from; think open border disaster........

anyway, day 11 for me.....

if it doesn't kill you on day 3, it tries again on day 5, 7, and 9....... nasty ****

wife wound up in the ER this morning, no cure....... treat the symptoms...... you need a prescription steroid

I'm improving and will survive it, the wife wasn't as tough........ she is home and will be ok

lesson learned, the world has changed...... I have never been so sick, and had this same type of thing 11 months ago; we didn't have this **** when we were kids, not in this country anyway.......... at 59 years old, I will see a doctor every time at the earliest symptoms of cold and flu; and I am NOT that guy (guess I am now)..........

please take this crap serious, it's no joke.......... I am so beat up, it physically hurts....... be safe

Human Metapneumovirus​

Human Metapneumovirus | CDC
Best wishes to both of your recoveries! Sounds like you’re on the right path!

agree , we are getting very “ different “ cold/flu type illnesses these days . the typical treatments are not as effective as they have been . i have a lingering cold/sinus thing that’s taking forever to end . my symptoms similar to the illness in the link you included. i wish you speedy recovery, and the wife.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back