• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyrdgoon's - project angrybird

Off topic and for something completely different, is there such a thing as a torque arm that uses quarter leafs instead of springs? Just thinking of a project I've been planing and a tourque arm could be an awesome option, but I don't want to use springs/coilovers...

I can't guess at how that would be possible Malicious to me it's defeating the benefits of non-binding and the ability to side-load the torque arm. I'll float the idea with my buddy when I'm creeping around his chassis shop today but I don't see the method or the benefit

I'm really excited to hear how you like the setup once it's done, hopefully I won't be far behind you. I do know that I really liked the factory torque arm that came in my Camaro....

Looks great:thumbsup:

Lol Knowing you as well as I do I expect somehow you will still beat me to it! hahaha

I can't guess at how that would be possible Malicious to me it's defeating the benefits of non-binding and the ability to side-load the torque arm. I'll float the idea with my buddy when I'm creeping around his chassis shop today but I don't see the method or the benefit

Thanks. I was thinking that, but I'd also thought that maybe you could make it work with a set up similar to an I-Beam front on a hotrod - rotatable shackle mount essentially.

I could also potentially hide the springs with a push rod or torsion bar setup...

Thanks. I was thinking that, but I'd also thought that maybe you could make it work with a set up similar to an I-Beam front on a hotrod - rotatable shackle mount essentially.

I could also potentially hide the springs with a push rod or torsion bar setup...

I gotta ask what's the reason for not wanting to use coilovers in the rear. I understand the front if you are wanting to stay with the T Bars but if you were still willing to make dramatic modifications to make a torque arm work otherwise why not just go the coilover route?

Part of the design process from the 3D scan to designing the new front clip and getting the CAD ready to have the new pieces laser cut

ACL.png ACL1.png ACL2.png ACL3.png

I gotta ask what's the reason for not wanting to use coilovers in the rear. I understand the front if you are wanting to stay with the T Bars but if you were still willing to make dramatic modifications to make a torque arm work otherwise why not just go the coilover route?

It's not for the B-Body but a 27-29 Dodge hot rod project. Looking to make it as traditionally styled and looking as possible, but I'd like to to handle as well. Just tossing around build ideas at the moment. Ideally I have the rear exposed, kind of like a roadster pick up with out the tub - a 'Bug' basically. Thought this might be an ingenious way to make that happen...

Thought I should get some pics up of at least part of the process. The new frame rails are coming together for the new front clip. These are thicker stock to support the coil over front suspension better and the upper shock support will be mandrel bent tubing much like the Schwartz Performance setup. The rad core support has also been laser cut and just needs to be assembled. This will essentially be a complete front clip that could be duplicated since the CAD work is done for the CNC. Webber Chassis has been putting all this together for me.

Making some progress on the engine I guess. My SBC Procharger Brackets are on their way for the F1R so I will just need to have the adaptor plate made (Average Joe is helping me out by providing me with the specs for his) Still have a few mechanical changes to make and my lifters and new timing set should be home soon to button that up. I'm definitely committed to Holley Port EFI now so that decision is made with no turning back. I have a buddy running a 440 Stroker with a single 106mm turbo that is a Holley dealer and a real good turner. I'd like to mimmick his setup as it clearly works for him and it would be extremely easy for us to use his tune in a global file and adapt to mine. His is set up with 16 injectors 8 on Shell/91 and 8 on straight meth. Runs on gas to cruise around meth only under set boost or above 3500 RPM or over 20% of the first injectors duty cycle.

Hopefully a few more updates to come

Frame Rail.jpg Frame Rail1.jpg Frame Rail2.jpg Frame Rail3.jpg

Nice man! What manifold are you going to run with the port system?

Hey Mike, I started tearing the engine down this past weekend and have the supercharger out now.
Do you want just measurements of the adapter spacer or would you like me to make one out of wood and send it to you?
It will be a little crude but I will make sure its really close.(I'm a General Contractor as my day Job so building one out of wood isn't hard)
After our Email conversation I decided to stick with the 8-rib system. I am sending my F1-A back to Procharger today and
having it converted to a F1-A-94.
Thanks,Joe

Hey Mike, I started tearing the engine down this past weekend and have the supercharger out now.
Do you want just measurements of the adapter spacer or would you like me to make one out of wood and send it to you?
It will be a little crude but I will make sure its really close.(I'm a General Contractor as my day Job so building one out of wood isn't hard)
After our Email conversation I decided to stick with the 8-rib system. I am sending my F1-A back to Procharger today and
having it converted to a F1-A-94.
Thanks,Joe

Hey Joe,

Funny enough I just emailed you with some other questions about the EFI & CNP setup. I would appreciate it being made out of wood if you don't mind? I was thinking possibly having it shipped to Devin's (747Mopar) instead of shipping it across the border to me should be easier and I was speaking to Devin yesterday about bringing my engine there and taking him up on his offer to help get it back together. Also if you have that 12 rib crank pulley you aren't using anymore I'd be interested in that if you want to shoot me a price just in case it lines up better than the one I made (it should given everything I am doing is to match up to the SC Store setup)

You will have to educate me on the conversion to the F1-A-94 what is involved? Is it the same Volute?

I can send it to devin. No problem. The F1-A-94 is new design. Same size volute housing but new inertial design with 4” inlet and bigger compressor wheel. It’s more efficient and produces almost as much CFM as the F1R. But will spin up to 74000 rpm. The R stops at 68000 Rpm. Making pulley chose a little more crucial. I’m going back to my 3.7 pulley.

Gotcha! That's kind of what I gathered. So you really need to make that F1A-94 Spin but when it does it will put down some serious numbers!!

Wanna know what is crazy to me? The D1X I have is the older model which is essentially F1 specs... It has a 9.75" Volute! Check this out:

These are the specs from 2012 for my D1X

Procharger D1X Specs:
Max CFM: 1900
Max Boost: 32psi
Max Impeller RPM: 58,000
Outlet ID: 2.62"
Outlet Hose Diameter: 3.00"
Impeller Exducer Dia: 6.6"
Inducer Diameter: 4"
Inlet Hose Diameter: 4.25"
Compressor Housing Diameter: 9.75"
Internal Step up: 4.44:1

Progress this weekend on the boxed in core support from scratch. Whole new piece hopefully some pics later today of the new frame rails going into place

20180324_220201.jpg 20180324_220151.jpg IMG_0243.jpg

He did an awesome job on that, looks very stout! Can't wait to see the front end come together.

Auto Transport Service
Back