• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Need Some BIG Blower Pictures !

big blower.jpeg

I have had centrifugal blowers but never a roots... i have wanted one since i was a kid.. but don't think i could cut my hood :( and my car would look silly with one.. but they are awesome :)

0C93E939-5440-4BB2-9AEA-4910AA8DC7DE.jpeg
Gen 3 Hemi in a FMJ Body. Although there’s a blower in the pic, sharp eyed viewers will notice that the exhaust manifolds are installed backwards as the owner is going with a Turbo instead of the 671 blower

there’s a blower in the pic, sharp eyed viewers will notice that the exhaust manifolds are installed backwards as the owner is going with a Turbo instead of the 671 blower
I saw a Caterpillar V12 diesel bowthruster engine on the largest crew boat I worked on in my "2 summers" career as a deck hand.
It was just for maneuvering assistance. The 2 main engines had Detroit Diesel "power pack" cylinders, and IIRC were V-20s?
Anyway, that V12 Cat had a turbo on EACH bank of 6 cylinders AND the 2 turbos each fed a 6-71 blower on top.
Twin supercharged, plus Twin turbo, on an engine designed for reverse and steering!

I have no idea. I thought maybe a screw blower for a large diesel like in an oil tanker. But thats just a guess.

Here's a couple from guys I ran with back in 1988
Sac Raceway Govn.'s Cup & Night of Fire races

sorry not showing much of the blowers, converted photos of photos
these were killer cars back in the day, I had to post them
Bob Bunker
1988 Govn. Cup & Night of Fire Sac-Raceway Bob Bunker 55 Chevey PM #1 front.JPG

1988 Govn. Cup & Night of Fire Sac-Raceway Bob Bunker 55 Chevy PM #2 rear.JPG

Wayne Torqulson (spell)
1988 Govn. Cup & Night of Fire Sac-Raceway Wayne Torqulson  57 T-bird PM #1.JPG

1988 Govn. Cup & Night of Fire Sac-Raceway Wayne Torqulson 57 T-Bird PM #2.JPG

here's John Force same event
1988 Govn. Cup & Night of Fire Sac-Raceway John Force FC before burnout.JPG