• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm buying one of these oil drain plug tools.

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
This guy does good tool reviews and comparison videos. He posts new reviews frequently. Subscribe if you like him.

If your wearing gloves your hands wont get oily either.....

Thsts pretty cool, every time i go to Napa they have a display of these... I just find other things to spend my $ on...:rolleyes:
http://www.oildrainvalve.net/ez-oil-drain-valve-ez-101-1-2-20unf/?gclid=CIXC-IPqjdMCFU-ewAodY7oKCw

5774101_orig.jpg

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if it did...
I did see they have a 90 deg adaptor for $7...

withLshaped__35731.1453245147.500.500.jpg

They seal to the pan and don't drip. I had the straight one. I never saw oil shoot straight out so far like on the Ecoboost engine. Must be the thinner oil.

I think even best thing about them is of getting ur fingers drenched with hot oil. But I also like them because of no more stripped threads from a multitude of persons taking out the drain plug. Course we have no "multitudes" doing our cars!

If a little oil on your hands bothers you........you're a WUSS! Take it to Jiffy Lube and pay to have your oil changed, like all the other LADIES do. (Disclaimer: This is just an opinion and is not directed at any one person in particular, real or imaginary). :D

M&M that's what I mean. 40+yrs of changing oil and seeing so many stripped drain plugs. Gloves? "We don't need no stinkin gloves"!!

If a little oil on your hands bothers you........you're a WUSS! Take it to Jiffy Lube and pay to have your oil changed, like all the other LADIES do. (Disclaimer: This is just an opinion and is not directed at any one person in particular, real or imaginary). :D
782e29b4d5f95f2f64996fc580f18e08.jpg

I wonder also the quick valve will raise the level that the oil will drain out. I always try to drop the oil right before I go mow the yard or something else for a hour or two. This way it gives it time to drip out every little bit of the dirty oil before putting fresh in. Same with oil filter. I'm also **** about putting oil in the oil filter before reinstalling it.

The quick valve does raise the drain level a bit. No worries if you change your oil before it turns to sludge.

Drain plugs were never a problem on my own cars. The thing I remember on these Mopars is the location of the oil filter. Oil runs all over the frame when unscrewing it.

This oil filter funnel is for Harleys. I'm going to make one out of a gallon jug when I change mine the next time.
shopping.jpg

I don't think that comment is called for. How about burning the hell out of you fingers and hand when that 200 degree oil comes out , burns your hand and then runs down your arm? I would rather be a wuss than dumb. JMO not aimed at anyone..............................MO

I wonder also the quick valve will raise the level that the oil will drain out. I always try to drop the oil right before I go mow the yard or something else for a hour or two. This way it gives it time to drip out every little bit of the dirty oil before putting fresh in. Same with oil filter. I'm also **** about putting oil in the oil filter before reinstalling it.
Me too, but a little hard to do on a 440......................MO

It takes a four minute video to explain how to use this thing? :rolleyes:
That's all well and good.
But since I'm wearing gloves anyway.......
I can usually manage to keep hot oil from running down my arm.
Those guys on Road Kill are driving me nuts.
They should have a disclaimer. They never wear hand protection.
They are going to make some dermatologist lots of money.
That is, if the chemicals don't get to their livers or lymphatic system and kill them first.
Used motor oil? Put your hands in it.:realcrazy:
Solvents? Put your hands in it.:realcrazy:

i dont know about you guys but this seem like one of them "pussification of america" items. i personally love that feeling of the hot oil dripping down all over my hands. also helps keeps the hands soft for the mrs...

(i warm up the engine a little so it flows better, but you still need to give it time to drip back down into the pan, dont do it when its 200 degrees)

For those who just say wear gloves or go commando you still have to wipe the oil off and wash your hands if you don't wear gloves.

I say save your shop towels.

Auto Transport Service
Back