• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior head liner trim pictures requested.

Speedbird

Bird of Pray
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
I didn't take any pictures of the interior trim before I removed it. (67)
I would appreciate if someone could post pictures of the A pillar pieces from the dash frame to the roof and what goes up around the head liner from inside the car.
I'm having a bit of "fitment" trouble with the A pillar pieces and upper roof parts.
Where does it all go?

Like this

View attachment 1484692314846-1725329760.jpg 1484692341508-1708883178.jpg 1484692415012974258105.jpg 1484692449215805685124.jpg 1484692486409-136263557.jpg 1484692512625-1367149954.jpg 1484692548685-213266018.jpg 1484692569247-171426105.jpg

Yes. Thank you.
I've got some skinny pieces with "L" sections I'm not sure where that goes
They may be go across the rear of the headliner.
I hope to get the headliner finished this weekend and maybe it will all go back together there.
I'm really fighting the uprights on the A pillars to get them back into place.
If I force them, it looks like they will gouge my new paint on the dash frame.
I had to sand blast all that chrome off because of rust. I've gone back with automotive paint to match the dash frame.
Dark blue metallic.

The bottom edge has to go in first and push down while you make sure it's around the post. Jam a piece of leather under it to protect the dash, then push foreward towards the windshiled to get the top inside screw

Yes. Thank you.
I've got some skinny pieces with "L" sections I'm not sure where that goes
They may be go across the rear of the headliner.
I hope to get the headliner finished this weekend and maybe it will all go back together there.
I'm really fighting the uprights on the A pillars to get them back into place.
If I force them, it looks like they will gouge my new paint on the dash frame.
I had to sand blast all that chrome off because of rust. I've gone back with automotive paint to match the dash frame.
Dark blue metallic.

Tell me more about the headliner??

Well, the headliner was just a freshen up. I used SEM which can be bought lots of places. I used that on the plastic parts too. Same color.
Is that what you meant?
When I pulled it out, I found no insulation behind it. So that's the way I left it.
It's made of sometype of bonded fiberglass looking stuff. With a fabric on the face.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...products-inc&gclid=CPOZ1MOb2NECFU0vgQodvMcMrg

No I thought maybe you found a source for new headliners that aren't bow style. I'm having difficulty locating a perfect one for my car

I bought headliner material off ebay and a can of 3m super trim adhesive and made my own it was relatively easy and relatively fast. It came out pretty good. see pics above

No I thought maybe you found a source for new headliners that aren't bow style. I'm having difficulty locating a perfect one for my car

I did not know first Gen Chargers came with bow headliners.
Is that what you mean?
If so, I'll consider myself luck to have gotten one with a "hard" headliner.

I bought headliner material off ebay and a can of 3m super trim adhesive and made my own it was relatively easy and relatively fast. It came out pretty good. see pics above

I've covered cardboard headliners in A bodies with that foam backed material and spray adhesive.
(I've done a Ford truck too.)
Now, I see that A body headliners are being "reproduced", but in ABS plastic.

I did not know first Gen Chargers came with bow headliners.
Is that what you mean?
If so, I'll consider myself luck to have gotten one with a "hard" headliner.

They never did but they offer them

Auto Transport Service
Back