• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Dashes - Worth it?

nmb0003

Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Looking for feedback from anyone who has first hand experience with Dashboard restoration from Just Dashes OR the new Reproduction dashes from YearOne, etc.

Just Dashes quoted me $1k and 12 months to restore my original dash. While that’s not cheap, what is more troublesome is the idea of waiting 12 months (if they are even on time).

I see new reproduction dashes on YearOne or Classic for around 600 bucks.

Is the wait for Just Dashes truly worth it??

Has anyone purchased a reproduction dash and can you comment on the quality, fitment, and color match?

Thanks in advance

Dash pad? Or all dash pads? Is there stitching on your dash pads to be redone? I ask these questions all for my experience with them.
Great work waited 9 months 2 years ago. If you have stitching on your original they cannot reproduce it plus if you have squared of edges they will be more round. Quality is there hands down. As for me I had them redo all my pads and door pads and head rest 4k in work that I regret. 1. I changed the color and now I’m going to original, didn’t know about the round edges. I hate that part and the non stiching bothers me. My car 69 charger so I waited and bought all nice original on line as they popped up for sale spent about the same so now I’m in it 8k. Hope that helps . Jesse

I had them redo the console lid on a '64 Polara 500. They quoted a price and a longer lead time than I wanted (We have comparatively short summers in Ontario). For an extra $100.00, they bumped me up on the list. Nice business practice!

JD did my dash and cluster brow about 20 years ago, back before long waits came along. Looked great. But, about 10 years ago, a bubble appeared right in a most conspicuous spot. Grrr. It grew and today is a good 3" x 4". It's in the area where the dash bends a bit likely more adhesive should a been applied there, don't know. It's a convert, so occasionally saw direct sun. Conversely, the car sits in a heated garage 6 months a year and garaged when not in use. Well, 10 years is a long time I suppose. Repair, as an upholstery guy told me, requires recovering, no quick fixes, the vinyl has likely shrunk and hardened some. Until I get this done...if I do considering all da other chit on the list, I tell people at shows it's a rare factory option, lol.

I've been thinking about getting a dash pad.

images-7.jpeg

I replaced my 71 dash pad in 2015 with one from ABC moparts. Even though it has an ABS core, it has held up fine. No cracking or warping.

Auto Transport Service
Back