• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late B body suspension

tjgp360

Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
I am attempting to replace my suspension on my 79 cordoba but everything is a little foggy to me, on most cars now i would imagine to just change coils and bushings but the doba has me puzzle i have not had the chance to look yet but i am absolutely lost as to what kind of suspension the Doba has i mean i know leaf springs but that's about it...what does it use in the front? and are there any shock absorbers in the back or front ? any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

....PS when i press the brake pedal it makes a high pitch whine noise like its singing almost

All four corners have shocks, front should have the same torsion bar suspension as the rest of the B bodies. The rear springs are sandwiched in rubber isolators and the front K-frame is mounted on rubber biscuits - a common upgrade is to replace the rear shock mounts with earlier ones and replace the rubber front mounts with solid ones. It will hurt the ride a bit but help the handling. My guess on the whine is a vacuum leak.

Auto Transport Service
Back