• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lowest mileage A12 ever!? Well under 2,000 miles. SuperBee in Bahama Yellow aka "baby poop" brown...

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it's a Louisiana car. Been in a garage since the early 70s. The numbers matching 440 6 Pack is intact, but not in the car as shown. I believe a 67 440 was built to race and installed very quickly once the A12 Bee was bought and brought straight to the dragstrip.
Original paint and body!
20231005_120959.jpg
20231005_121032.jpg
20231005_121045.jpg

I've got a baby s#!t brown A12 runner, (bahama yellow)also with the original engine, also not in the car (511 in it, at the moment). Lots more than 2k however. Work day commuter for several years, weekend warrior.
(Riverside Raceway, late eighties)
Didn't care for the color much when I got it, now can't imagine it as anything else.
20190403_194133.jpg

Pretty car! But I’d rather have a Coronet 440, with a built 440 that could be driven and enjoyed. Not only would that be ridiculously expensive, it wouldn’t be driven.

Almost painted my Roadrunner "Butterscotch" . I happen to like that color. JMO ruffcut

It would be great if someone could post several detailed pics of this low mileage Bee on this thread and on the A12Mopar site. Couldn't help but notice how the SIX PACK decals are leaning backwards. Details, details.

It would be great if someone could post several detailed pics of this low mileage Bee on this thread and on the A12Mopar site. Couldn't help but notice how the SIX PACK decals are leaning backwards. Details, details.
The cars were mass produced on an assembly line. A lot of discrepancies happened from time to time. I think it was E-Berg that said all Mopars of the era except black and dark blue cars were painted black on the grill side of the rad support. My original Electric Blue ‘68 Satellite wagon only has a little spritz in the lower corner. I guess the gun ran dry. It’s completely blue looking through the grill from the factory. And OEM resto types will tell you it isn’t “correct”. Only it was, and is.

Can anyone verify the VIN? I see 277???. The glare in the tag picture washes out the last 3.

D

With the size of those slicks it has to be tubbed?:(
Maybe not. I can get 10.5s under my 69 rr, pretty easily. Those look to be around 12", might just have the springs moved. (Edit: and the rear wheels look kinda narrow for that big a slick, too)

Last edited:
The cars were mass produced on an assembly line. A lot of discrepancies happened from time to time. I think it was E-Berg that said all Mopars of the era except black and dark blue cars were painted black on the grill side of the rad support. My original Electric Blue ‘68 Satellite wagon only has a little spritz in the lower corner. I guess the gun ran dry. It’s completely blue looking through the grill from the factory. And OEM resto types will tell you it isn’t “correct”. Only it was, and is.
And yet.... my friends unrestored A66 70 340 Challenger, in B7, has a full coat of black on the front of the core support. Maybe they paid more attention to a (kinda rare) first year E-body , than a station wagon. (NO slur on your wagon, I love long roof cars!)

And yet.... my friends unrestored A66 70 340 Challenger, in B7, has a full coat of black on the front of the core support. Maybe they paid more attention to a (kinda rare) first year E-body , than a station wagon. (NO slur on your wagon, I love long roof cars!)
Maybe. Maybe the hourly line workers knew that first year E bodies would be worth way more than a wagon someday, or not. The engine bay on my E87 D21 N96 EK2 ‘70 ‘Cuda was painted satin black before I bought it in ‘83. So I’ll never know on that one.

The paint fades. I took pics of my 66 in case anyone wanted to know what some factory jobs looked like
20230124_204716.jpg
20230124_204657.jpg

I hope nobody restores it. Dragcars have so much more interesting history.

Auto Transport Service
Back