• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars on the Strip Las Vegas

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So where was everybody for the B Bodies meet and greet at 2PM today?
Uh oh. Forgot. Finally met dieseldazzle at Cannery!

Bostyx Band was great. Opened with the Star Spangled Banner!

I had no idea there was a 2pm meet and great. My bad. I came spur of the moment with my cousin and my son.

I wish I could have seen the 4 door Barracuda up close. I know the styling doesn't appeal to everyone but I just appreciate the skill it takes to build such a car. We have all seen plenty of 383 cars, 440s, Hemis, all of that stuff. A stock restoration of a familiar style of car is nice but THIS....A true one of one build based on a "maybe was" car, factory parts massaged and altered to appear completely stock. I would love to not only see the car but to meet Dave Walden.
No, Dave did not pay me to write any of this.
(Not yet)

I wish I could have seen the 4 door Barracuda up close. I know the styling doesn't appeal to everyone but I just appreciate the skill it takes to build such a car. We have all seen plenty of 383 cars, 440s, Hemis, all of that stuff. A stock restoration of a familiar style of car is nice but THIS....A true one of one build based on a "maybe was" car, factory parts massaged and altered to appear completely stock. I would love to not only see the car but to meet Dave Walden.
No, Dave did not pay me to write any of this.
(Not yet)
There is A LOT of man hours between Dave and Steve in this build and is a fine example of a factory build of a "What If" car.....Unless Dave and his team venture into another build like this you will not see another factory type creation like this one. All you will see is cars chopped up with new features.

The factory parts being "massaged" as you say is always done on every true OE gold type restoration. Some vendors will claim theirs are more correct than others but when judged they are classed the same.....In the OE world this is an area where people try to one up another but the end result is the same...Unless you have a time machine to see those parts that are 1 day old then who knows.....NOS parts are not a key reference due to 40 plus years of shelf life in bad conditions....A survivor is a good reference but again it has the same features of shelf life as an NOS part.....This is when sheen's, finishes and textures gets challenging to know what it exactly once was...

I have not yet met with Dave but have talked to him via email and phone a lot......However, he will be coming to my area at some point and we will go and share a few drinks and shoot some mopar BS.......At one time I didn't get his personality but once you take the time to get to know him he is a true gentleman and a good friend!

My midget twin brother.......all steel fabricated out of a real 65 Coronet and it goes 55 mph!
IMG_0836.JPG

the AFX cars on the return road in front of the grandstands..... Sorry but I couldn't upload it directly, so I linked it from my FB post, I guess that's why it's so grainy.

Many thanks to all that was at the event. Without you there would be no event.Still many, many,MOPARS. The word on the 4 door Barracuda is the cost to build was about $600,000. I liked it but I'm partial to 4 door cars.Again thanks to all !! Some day I hope to me up with you face to face.Not enough hours in the day.....

Many thanks to all that was at the event. Without you there would be no event.Still many, many,MOPARS. The word on the 4 door Barracuda is the cost to build was about $600,000. I liked it but I'm partial to 4 door cars.Again thanks to all !! Some day I hope to me up with you face to face.Not enough hours in the day.....

Was the attendance higher this year than last?

Yes, much more as in racers,classes and the addition of the Pro Mod cars.Police and Firemen also was up they had 17 this year,most there were about 4 or 5 before. Manufacture's Midway was good with more and new vendors.It looked like the autocross was busy and was bigger than before.Swap meet(I was there most all weekend and saw you come by with you car on the trailer. I called out but you didn't hear me.) Swap sales were very light so most went home early Sunday.Foot traffic in the swap meet was ok but many empty hands,lots of lookers.

I EXPECT to see more pictures of this beauty DD, Congrats!

Running like a puppy dog in heavy traffic on 58 west outside of boron.

Dropped by hinkley where my cousin bought the pink 69 super bee out of and got more receipts from the car back in the day. Just tires and **** nothing special. It's coming to mats next year my cousin says

IMG_0354.JPG

Darius. Top 5 Award!
image.jpeg
Nevada. Enroute to Death Valley/Shoshone. The road begs, and is rewarded.
image.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back