• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More bad news at Tesla motors...

How about agricultural subsidies?
Over 20 billion in taxpayer money paid out to farmers last year.

As far as electric vehicles in general. They are here to stay.
I'm sure folks thought that the gasoline / Diesel engine would never replace steam engines back in the day, and we all know how that turned out.

Bottom line is that, no matter how much emotion is involved, you cannot stop technology

Yea but a dead or bad battery use to be a temporary set back. Now its a furking catastrophe and that is called progress.

...and they get charged by plugging them into coal-powered generator power outlets.

Not all electrical generation is by coal.
That said, yes, we still have to generate the power to charge them.
In the electrical industry, this will prove to be a substantial new market.

The fuel source has always dictated how technology played a role in what we drive.
Electric has always been a great way to move stuff.
Steam engines drove trains for years until electric drives took over for many practical reasons.
All railroads are now run by electric motor driven power. They just happen to carry their fuel supply on board with their own oil powered power plants.

The trick with cars is making the connection for their electric motors --to the out of car locations/sources. Batteries are what we have now with all of the very expensive drawbacks that entails. Not much progress has been made so far.

Oil based Economy. Has been, is, and will be for a long time. As far as farm subsidies, I eat food but don't drive a Tesla even though I fund every purchase.

In the very near future, we will see charging stations in parking garages and lots across the country. The idea will be to charge the cars while they are otherwise parked.
The super chargers will provide the charge for long distant travel where one doesn't have all day to recharge.
This is somewhere the USA could take a leading role in how this plays out.
I sure hope we lead as opposed to getting out of the way.

Oil based Economy. Has been, is, and will be for a long time. As far as farm subsidies, I eat food but don't drive a Tesla even though I fund every purchase.

Don't forget the farm subsidies that pay for growing food to be turned into ethanol that we all love to adapt to.:realcrazy:

In the very near future, we will see charging stations in parking garages and lots across the country. The idea will be to charge the cars while they are otherwise parked.
The super chargers will provide the charge for long distant travel where one doesn't have all day to recharge.
This is somewhere the USA could take a leading role in how this plays out.
I sure hope we lead as opposed to getting out of the way.

And the "power" will come from where? At the expense of who?

Should we subsidize fossil fuel vehicle manufacturers?
We all drive gasoline / diesel powered automobiles.

And the "power" will come from where? At the expense of who?
The electrical power will come via the grid from the generation plants that make it. Just like it does presently for all the other electrical loads in the world.

Coal, natural gas, hydroelectric, nuclear, wind and solar.

It's not like we don't use any electricity presently.

It will come at the expense of those who buy and use it. Same as any other commodity.

This isn't rocket science fellas.

I am all on board for nuclear powered electric generators. That would answer the current question about fuel.
It does not answer the power grid issue.

A real solution is nuclear-powered cars.--Buy one and NEVER have to refuel.

The electrical power will come via the grid from the generation plants that make it. Just like it does presently for all the other electrical loads in the world.

Coal, natural gas, hydroelectric, nuclear, wind and solar.

It's not like we don't use any electricity presently.

It will come at the expense of those who buy and use it. Same as any other commodity.

This isn't rocket science fellas.

You are missing some basics about physics.

The grid will need work regardless of whether or not electric cars proliferate.
It's outdated just like the rest of our infrastructure.

Auto Transport Service
Back