• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

DEER SEASON!!!!!!!! Just got my first tag, but season doesn't open for another month.:elmer:

Welcome back.
Yes, Our archery season starts early. The deer are still in the velvet. In Utah if the youth 18 and younger draw out for the rifle tag they can also archery and muzzle loader hunt, during those seasons, until they fill their tag. My son is now done for the year.

Holy smokes you have been busy!! Seems too soon for deer season considering it is still 107 degrees down here. We bait deer with buckets of water lol.

Wow, I like the radio fm mod/refurb. I have the old am that came in mine, might consider that later. Where did you get it done?
I sent it off to Wards classic radio. They seem to do a lot of them and knew just what to do. If you look them up and give them a call, when you are ready, they will explain how to send it. I am happy with their work.

Glad you liked Ward's. I was very happy with their work.

I'm baaaack!
We've got meat back in the freezer and I have been able to start tinkering on my car again. I still have not had time to update me on everyone's progress but I will be reading more as I go, that is how I learn what I need to do.
I worked on reinstalling the door windows. I spent the whole day cleaning and fitting. I was able to install the drivers side but I am still missing a part on the passenger side.
I first removed all of the old broken and brittle seals and kept tract of how it all came apart.
IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

I used a razor blade to clean all the hard water off the windows and decided that they were still in good condition.
I had gone to out local glass company and got some window installation tape to reinstall the chrome trim back on the windows. I had previously redone the wing windows so they were ready to reattach.
Once the window tape was cut to length I used glass cleaner to wet the tape to help it push on better.
IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

The side that attaches to the wing window was more of a struggle for me. I had a hard time feeding the wing window on but after a few trials I got better at it.
I used a hair dryer to help the plastic conform to the curve of the window first and then fit the plastic clips through the holes. I used a drill to drill the holes in the plastic to match the holes in the window.
IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

After a couple of tries I realized that I had to cut the top of the plastic trim back far enough so that it did not hit the top rubber seal on the wing window.
IMG_1646.JPG

I also had to heat shrink the top of the plastic trim so that it did not hit the top wing window mounting screw.
IMG_1649.JPG

I set all of the window hardware loosely in the door and got all of the mounting hardware ready to set the window.
IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

I had to recruit my son to help me set the window in the door, it is definitely a two person job.
IMG_1650.JPG

I played with the fit and think that I have it fitting pretty good.
IMG_1651.JPG

I am not very happy with the window mounting bracket from the roller arm to the window. It seems to rock back and forth and wiggle as it is rolls up and down. The slide up and down through the wing window also seems to tight.
IMG_1652.JPG

Watching this part close. Keep the pics coming.. I've been putting off doing my windows, I guess because they look so hard to do, and get right. Looks like you're getting them right tho.

download.jpg

Last edited:
Great to have you back! Glad you got some hunting in, I'm starting this weekend.
Full speed ahead.

I did not realize until I was cleaning the window mechanisms that my driver side window slide rail is missing the little loop support that slips over the rod at the bottom of the inside of the door. Does anyone know if I can find one of these without buying the whole wing window frame?
If I can't find one I may be able to make and weld me something similar.
IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

Might check Mega Parts, they have great prices & don't charge you out the a$$ for shipping.

Thanks both of you. Looks like both places have the pair for the same price.
I now have a pair coming. I will have an extra left side bracket if you find out that anyone needs one.

I got my vent window support bracket the other day ( fast shipping from Mega Parts).
This bracket came with mounting screws. I was going to spot weld it on but maybe with thread lock I could trust it to not rattle off or do you think I should still spot weld it on?
image1 (2).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back