• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Mudder

doing a 70 dart , 440 auto 4 10 dana . it for a customer , just at 9600 in the engine build , 2000 in the trans , plus 2800 for the gv od , ect ..... it going to be a sleeper . just ordered the frame stiffing kit from uscartool and the rest of the conversion parts and his budget was 15k , will exceed that , good thing his job pays him well , lol ;)

doing a 70 dart , 440 auto 4 10 dana . it for a customer , just at 9600 in the engine build , 2000 in the trans , plus 2800 for the gv od , ect ..... it going to be a sleeper . just ordered the frame stiffing kit from uscartool and the rest of the conversion parts and his budget was 15k , will exceed that , good thing his job pays him well , lol ;)

Sounds SWEET! My builder does fab work too, he's building this Henry J gasser. I have the UScartool inboard spring/ mini-tub kit. He will build me a custom width Dana. Will be making the frame connectors and add torque boxes...unfortunately I will go to a lift off six pack hood, I like the understated look as is...

IMG_0721.JPG IMG_1397.JPG IMG_1399.JPG

love them old gassers man , when i get to my 48 austin a40 it will be a cool old school machine . blown early hemi a typewriter auto american magnesiums , moon tank , ect....
48 a40 austin devon cutoff.jpg
DSC06653.JPG
DSC03449.JPG
DSC03311.JPG
DSC09340.JPG
DSC09341.JPG
DSC09342.JPG

been working off/on on a roaster as well as the rest of the fleet . just some money holes , lol ;)
DSC03441.JPG
DSC03442.JPG

So I see mudder and I see no big 4x4's what gives ? Here's one I did years ago! Just so you at least have one!
attachment-10.jpeg

a mudder motor “run twice” usually means it spit a rod on the first run and the second run was for a case of Bud Light.

Or the first run was into trouble and the second run was from the cops.

Glad it held onto the rod and the guy got away from the cops. Did it come with a six pack?

Last edited:
a mudder motor “run twice” usually means it spit a rod on the first run and the second run was for a case of Bud Light.

Or the first run was into trouble and the second run was from the cops.

Glad it held onto the rod and the guy got away from the cops. Did it come with a six pack?

Funny you should mention that, he had cut squares out of aluminum Pabst Blue Ribbon cans that screwed in to cover the sides of the Predator carburetors! I showed that in one of my YouTube videos...in the truck pictures in this thread those side covers are off...and originally he ran the Stealth Heads and Tunnel Ram on a 383 until it "spit a rod". That's when he had this engine built.

Monday I'm hoping to get pictures of my new short block!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Thought my Indy Max Wedge single plane intake was supposed to arrive today, but no such luck.

My short block is all assembled and painted, just waiting for these last few parts. Need to get a Quick Fuel carburetor, and some headers...TTI?? Damned expensive any suggestions??

9E499265-C3CA-4052-AEB1-506ECC471C7F.jpeg CF730EF4-9CF6-4DD2-B328-CEA890354852.jpeg D4D09320-C683-4D36-A55B-5CC9D487FF0E.jpeg DE6BDD45-56AB-4D7F-936B-9536F9C7016F.jpeg

Wish there was another B block max wedge intake option. Ordered the Indy intake from Mancini and it was drop shipped from Indy...intake was loose in the box, no packing materials, has a gouge shown in picture. Rough casting, ports are irregular shaped. Guess I’m being too picky. Only cost about $400 shipped

C5E9B8DB-F9C3-4EED-87C3-5C5860DF5D06.jpeg 2FA80571-59DE-4E35-BE30-F77A285BA807.jpeg

i don't think thats right , loose packed items get damaged , what were they thinking . and now another 400 to reshape the ports to match your heads . well at least your not running a max wedge crossed twin fours intake , that set me back about 1700 then heads and intake to the porter , and that was another 3800 shipped back to me . moving air is not a cheap deal .

Auto Transport Service
Back